What do you get when you pair ground beef with vegetables and quinoa?…
These delicious protein packages!
Not only are these healthy and delicious, but they’re quick and easy to make!
- 1 lb. ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- ¾ c. cooked quinoa
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- ½ zucchini, finely shredded
- 3 T. red onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ t. black pepper
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. dried thyme
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 T. fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 480 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl (by hand is best).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the meat into 16 balls, and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes (they should be browning on top).
- Cool and serve!
These are great for adults and kids, and they work really well paired with whole wheat pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles…
Add in your favorite marinara sauce (this is my favorite), and you’ve got one delicious and healthy meal!
What’s your favorite meal with quinoa?