Tahini Milk-Shake

Who doesn’t love a good healthy milkshake?

t1

This drink is thick and frothy, and it has become my new favorite treat! The addition of tahini adds richness, while dates add a natural sweetness.

If I could only reach through the computer and give you all a taste…you’d be hooked!

t2

This shake even boasts a decent amount of calcium at about 200 mg (a cup of milk has about 300 mg). (source)

It’s also easy, quick, and delicious!

Tahini Milk-Shake

Serves: 1 milkshake
  • 2 T. tahini (to make this raw, use raw tahini)
  • ½ c. water
  • 2 Medjool dates, soaked 15 minutes in ½ cup of warm water
  • a couple pinches of sea salt
  • 8 drops liquid stevia
  • ½ t. vanilla
  • fresh nutmeg, for garnish
  1. Blend all, including the soaking water (so one cup total).
  2. Chill and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are based on using one ounce of dates.
Weight Watchers points (new system): 7
Serving size: 1 milkshake Calories: 246 Fat: 16.2 g Saturated fat: 2.3 g Unsaturated fat: 13.9 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 21.4 g Sodium: 273 mg Fiber: 4.3 g Protein: 5.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg

Adapted from this recipe

Nutmeg is one of my favorite spices, and it adds a great flavor here….it’s quite reminiscent of eggnog! You can also use cinnamon if you prefer.

t3

What’s your favorite way to enjoy tahini?

Tagged: , , , , ,

1. Cinnamon @ eatpraytri June 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm Reply

Your pup is the cutest! You should feature him in my 23Paws party that I started. We just had our first round and it was a blast. You should join in next month!! Super fun. Check out my page for the deets. Oh and those Cinnamon cakettes look amazing, but I’m pretty partial to Cinnamon things… ;-)

• Lauren June 27, 2012 at 7:47 am Reply

Cool! I’ll definitely check it out!

2. Jill Conyers (@jillconyers) June 27, 2012 at 2:52 am Reply

My favorite snacks are anything that includes avocado, tomato or smoothies. The protein brownies look awesome!

[Fitness, Health and Happiness]

3. Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count June 27, 2012 at 4:12 am Reply

The protein brownie looks tasty!!

4. Alex @ therunwithin June 27, 2012 at 5:39 am Reply

I love finding random clearance finds, they are always the best.

5. Anna @ The Guiltless Life June 27, 2012 at 10:02 am Reply

How have I never heard of tahini milk before? That’s crazy!

6. Marisa@TheCollegeCuisiner June 27, 2012 at 10:10 am Reply

mmmm cakettes? I must try those!

7. FoodFaithFitness (@FoodFaithFitnes) June 27, 2012 at 10:36 am Reply

I am loving trail mix lately. Sweet and salty is the best. The Pure2Raw twins inspired me to do a plank challenge. I reached 5 minutes today!

• Lauren June 27, 2012 at 1:48 pm Reply

Holy crap, that’s awesome! My husband and I are at a minute…um, yeah.

8. Holly June 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm Reply

You should try the Pure2Raw Girls thin mints…amazing! As for tahini milk..start experimenting with other nut butters…pecan butter is particularly delicious as a milk…:-)

9. Cait @ Beyond Bananas June 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm Reply

I just got a food processor, so I have been making my own nut butter (so far almond and cashew) .. and using it in basically every snack. It could turn into a bad habit if I don’t exhibit self control!

10. freshlifefindings June 27, 2012 at 7:34 pm Reply

Those brownies with avocado mousse look yum! Also your pup is so cute! I love your daughter’s name ;)

11. Lou Dwan June 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm Reply

Gena + the Twins are such clever ladies, huh?!

The separation-anxiety thing is something I struggle with too :( I think every Mama does!

12. Kailey June 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm Reply

protein brownies with avocado mousse!!? that sounds amazing!

13. Min June 28, 2012 at 5:27 pm Reply

You really are SO creative!! Tahini milk? That sounds amazing, actually =). You’re such an amazing baker also! Thanks for the tip about finding great circuits on pinterest! I think they’ll be great way to incorporate some low-intensity workouts…
    And hello Gus! I don’t have a shih-tzu, but I do have a black miniature schnauzer named Kona =).

14. Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 19, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reply

I posted a tahini pancake not too long ago and it is delicious! I would love to try tahini like this!
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Fun Finds from Trader Joe’s and CostcoMy Profile