Who doesn’t love a good healthy milkshake?
This drink is thick and frothy, and it has become my new favorite treat! The addition of tahini adds richness, while dates add a natural sweetness.
If I could only reach through the computer and give you all a taste…you’d be hooked!
This shake even boasts a decent amount of calcium at about 200 mg (a cup of milk has about 300 mg). (source)
It’s also easy, quick, and delicious!
- 2 T. tahini (to make this raw, use raw tahini)
- ½ c. water
- 2 Medjool dates, soaked 15 minutes in ½ cup of warm water
- a couple pinches of sea salt
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- ½ t. vanilla
- fresh nutmeg, for garnish
- Blend all, including the soaking water (so one cup total).
- Chill and enjoy!
Weight Watchers points (new system): 7
Adapted from this recipe
Nutmeg is one of my favorite spices, and it adds a great flavor here….it’s quite reminiscent of eggnog! You can also use cinnamon if you prefer.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy tahini?