Happy Friday everyone! Today I’m deviating a bit from Firefighter Friday to acknowledge and reassign an award given to me by the thoughtful Leanne who blogs over at Eat and Get Moving.
The One Lovely Blog Award is passed between bloggers, so for that reason it is even more special. The idea for me now is to tell you 7 things about myself and name 7 other bloggers to pass the award on to. So hopefully I’ll keep you intrigued enough to stick around for the whole post!
I love the smell of skunks.
Can’t explain it. Just do.
My absolute favorite holiday is Halloween!
Ghosts, goblins, witches’ brew, pumpkins, CANDY!!!!! Sit tight and wait for this blog to explode with Halloween paraphernalia…come September since I usually can’t wait!
I have a tattoo. Here it is.
Took 20 minutes. Hurt like hell. Deeply meaningful.
I love to play chess!
My husband and I got so into the game at one point before we were married, that we each carried miniature boards with us so we could play no matter where we were.
Fingers on one hand (5…hehe).
I love to paint. Here is a sample of my work.
Obviously I like to paint what I like to do! I’m in the midst, now, of painting food, go figure.
My absolute, hands down, favorite actor is….Bill Murray!
When I signed up for Twitter recently, he was one of the first humans I looked up. I found him and literally became star-struck at the thought of sending him a Tweet….then I realized that others can proxy as celebrities and my dreams were dashed! Que sera.
Finally and sincerely!
This blog is the best career I could ever imagine! I mean this from the bottom of my heart. It’s definitely difficult to put yourself out there for the world and anyone who might criticize you, but if you love what you’re doing, it’s all worth it!
Now for the fun part! My 7 nominations!
1. Edible Perspective. While I know Ashley has better things to do than deal with me obsessing over her, I do! I love her recipes and her pictures, and if you have not visited this site, shame on you!
2. Peaceful Plate. A beautiful vegan blog by Noelle…I really feel like the world quiets down when I go there.
3. The Vegan Chickpea. Meet Caitlin. Girl’s gotta great list of recipes, all of which I’m dying to try. No soy! :o)
4. Sketch-free Vegan Eating. Love, love, love this site! Jaclyn and Jennifer offer some of the most unique recipes you’ll ever find! Buy their e-books!
5. The Guiltless Life. Anna is a super cool chick with super cool recipes. I’ve hounded her a few times with blog questions, and she’s always responded and responded kindly. Check out her protein muffins!
6. Pickles & Honey. Amanda…a smart, kind, and responsive blogger with great recipes. I just recently learned her blog name refers to her puggle dogs…not her taste in food….not that that would be bad!
7. Mis Pensamientos. Last, but definitely not least, Miss Junia K. Very cute site with cute recipes (if a recipe can be cute). She divulges personal health information in hopes of helping others and boldly speaks of her faith in God.
I’m so grateful to Leanne and hope that I’ve made the day of at least one girl on my list.
Great question for the weekend…who’s your favorite blogger? I’m ALWAYS interested in new food blogs, so direct me to some! :o)