I ordinarily love rain, but it has been oppressive the past few days!
I’ve been more than a little bummed out that we haven’t been able to go swimming…. so, while my husband worked all weekend, the girls and I stayed in and cooked and baked and ate. One of our favorite breakfasts to make are overnight oats.
While I love my favorite overnight oats, these are an equally delicious alternative. It really tastes like I’m eating cookie dough for breakfast, and what could be better than that?!
- ¾ c. milk of your choice
- ¼ c. yogurt (use dairy-free if vegan)
- ½ t. nutritional yeast, optional, but delicious!
- ½ t. vanilla
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¾ c. oats
- 1½ T. raw almond butter (raw gives the best flavor, so I wouldn't sub it out)
- ⅛ t. salt
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 t. honey or maple syrup
- Mix the milk and almond butter first to emulsify the butter.
- Add the rest and combine thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least an hour.
My husband described these as tasting like ‘oatmeal cookie dough with the icing all mixed together’…AKA, he liked them. 😀
What’s your favorite overnight oats combination?