5-Ingredient PUMPKIN FUDGE!!

Oh yeah, it’s here…..October 1, 2012….

Cartoon courtesy of yours truly.

I assume you are all here for the deliciousness that is this….

While I prefer to carve pumpkins rather than eat them, this (and pumpkin pie) are major exceptions. Truth be told, I’m allergic to pumpkin in large quantities, but I had to make this fudge! It literally beckoned to be made. I told my husband about it a while back, and I think he’s glad this post is finally over.

My goal in all my creations is to make something that is as healthy as possible, without sacrificing taste, and, while this is quite difficult to accomplish with something like fudge, I believe I’ve done it!

I have to tell you that because pumpkin naturally has no fat, these babies are not quite as rich as their chocolate counterparts, but they are still deeeee-licious! This fudge has all the health benefits of pumpkin without all of the usual processed sugar and overabundance of fat.

5-Ingredient PUMPKIN FUDGE!!

Serves: 12 pieces
  • 1 c. pumpkin puree (I've also used butternut squash puree with great results!)
  • 4 T. coconut oil, melted
  • 6 Medjool dates
  • 1 t. pie spice
  • ¼ t. sea salt
  • 1-2 T. water
  1. Process the dates until a paste forms.
  2. Add in the remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
  3. Only add water as needed to make it spreadable.
  4. Scrape the batter into a small glass dish (I used a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex dish).
  5. Freeze until hardened.
  6. Cut and enjoy!
Weight Watchers points (new system): 2
Serving size: 12 Calories: 58 Fat: 4.6 g Saturated fat: 4 g Unsaturated fat: 0.6 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 4.9 g Sugar: 3.3 g Sodium: 40 mg Fiber: 0.9 g Protein: 0.3 g Cholesterol: 0 mg

This treat is best kept and enjoyed frozen! :-)

Happy October. :-)

What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin?

Shared with: Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2day Wednesdays, Gluten-free Wednesdays, Whole Food Wednesday, The Pennywise Platter, Keep It Real Thursday, Gluten-free Fridays, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Wellness Weekend, Wheat Free Wednesday

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1. Alex @ therunwithin October 1, 2012 at 7:28 am Reply

oh gosh drool.
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..MIMM: Time to Start the CountdownMy Profile

2. Amanda (@PicklesNHoney) October 1, 2012 at 9:22 am Reply

This sounds SO good! I will definitely be giving your recipe a try. I love that you managed to health-ify fudge!
    Amanda (@PicklesNHoney) recently posted..Hearty Pumpkin Potato Soup with TofuMy Profile

• Lauren October 1, 2012 at 11:46 am Reply

Thanks Amanda! Let me know what you think! :-)

3. Gabby @ the veggie nook October 3, 2012 at 5:23 am Reply

Amazing Lauren! I am seriously slacking on the pumpkin recipes, I need to step it up! Although with your great ideas I hardly need to worry- people everywhere are set for pumpking :)
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted..wiaw- random foodie photosMy Profile

4. Lisa Marie @ MidwestVeg October 3, 2012 at 11:05 pm Reply

Here I thought I’ve tried everything pumpkin! Never had pumpkin fudge before. I have tons of pumpkin on hand. I’m going to give this a try later this week. Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa Marie @ MidwestVeg recently posted..Pumpkin spice bagelsMy Profile

• Lauren October 4, 2012 at 8:45 am Reply

That’s great! Let me know what you think….

5. Heather October 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm Reply

Lauren these look divine!!! I would want to eat the whole batch way too fast! lol
    Heather recently posted..Raw Caramel Apple CheesecakeMy Profile

6. Dana October 6, 2012 at 7:00 am Reply

I love pumpkin too, but I’ve never seen a recipe for pumpkin fudge until now! It looks amazing. Can’t wait to try!
    -Dana
    Dana recently posted..Lime Tarragon Cookies Gluten FreeMy Profile

7. Tessa@The Domestic Diva October 8, 2012 at 9:15 am Reply

I adore pumpkin, and this is so darn creative! Featuring our recipe on AFW this week!

8. Erin @ The Goodness Life October 8, 2012 at 3:14 pm Reply

Oh my goodness! This sounds and looks too good to be true! I am so excited to have leftover pumpkin that is totally going to be turned into this fudge. I can barely contain myself!
    Erin @ The Goodness Life recently posted..Flourless Almond Ginger Molasses Cookies – Gluten-Free & VeganMy Profile

• Lauren October 8, 2012 at 6:01 pm Reply

Hehehe…I hope you love it! :-)

9. Jenna October 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm Reply

Awww I LOVE fudge and this recipe looks great, but I was hoping for a pumpkin recipe…from a pumpkin, not a can. I’ve never eaten one, you see, except for the seeds. Has anyone else?

10. Rogene October 11, 2012 at 3:28 pm Reply

Oh, I love pumpkin lots of different ways. I cook and freeze pumpkin in October for the rest of the year. Of course I love all the traditional pumpkin sweets, but I also love savory dishes such as soup and pasta with pumpkin. I tried pumpkin granola for the first time this year it was good.
    Rogene recently posted..Thought for Today and I Goofed — AGAIN!My Profile

11. Christina October 26, 2012 at 1:40 pm Reply

Look great!

May I ask how do you know you are allergic to pumpkin? Just curious…

• Lauren October 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm Reply

Hi Christina! I actually get a reaction on my hand when I clean them out for carving, and I get the same reaction whenever I eat a lot of ANY orange food…carrots, sweet potatoes, etc. Weird, I know!

12. Christina October 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm Reply

I know what you mean. Since going Paleo and eating more orange type veges and fish oil my skin is actually yellowing! But I don’t want to take them out – really the only starchy type carbs I am eating…

13. Eileen Beran December 12, 2012 at 9:33 am Reply

I love the idea of pumpkin fudge. Thanks for posting!
    –Eileen
    Eileen Beran recently posted..Caramel corn, for gift-giving or holiday get-togethersMy Profile

• Lauren December 12, 2012 at 9:53 am Reply

Thank you Eileen! :-)

14. Christina December 12, 2012 at 11:10 am Reply

Do you think real pumpkin or even butternut squash cooked down might work instead of canned pumpking? Thank you!

• Lauren December 12, 2012 at 11:51 am Reply

I do! Just be sure it’s pureed really well and that when you’re reducing it, you’re watching it closely so that it doesn’t scorch. Keeping it at a low temperature helps also. :-)

15. Chris January 28, 2013 at 5:57 am Reply

Any nutritional stats?

• Lauren January 28, 2013 at 8:32 am Reply

I’ll get the nutrition info for both this and the carrot nog by the end of the day! :)

• Lauren January 28, 2013 at 9:38 am Reply

Hi Chris! Both recipes have been updated with the nutrition info. Let me know if there are any others you’d like to see! :)

16. […] Five-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge […]

17. Erin @ Texanerin Baking October 8, 2013 at 9:45 am Reply

Oh my gosh. This is the healthiest fudge ever! Love it and I’m most definitely making it. I’ll let you know when I do! :)
    Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutella MuffinsMy Profile

18. Angela October 30, 2013 at 9:54 am Reply

Can you use canned pumpkin for this recipe? I have never worked with pumpkin and don’t have one on hand!

• Lauren October 30, 2013 at 9:59 am Reply

Yes! That’s what I used. :)

19. CJ Lewis. November 1, 2013 at 7:44 pm Reply

Sounds amazing! I love that this recipe doesn’t have any added sugar! My daughter cannot tolerate coconut oil. Do you think I can sub a lesser amount of canola oil (the only thing she can tolerate) or leave it out all together?

• Lauren November 1, 2013 at 7:53 pm Reply

Hi CJ,

Coconut oil is essential in this recipe and has a unique way of hardening when cold. The other alternative would be butter or (possibly) palm oil. I hope this helps!

20. […] 19. 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge - Oatmeal with a Fork […]

21. Ashley November 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm Reply

Do you have to use dates and coconut oil? Can you substitute

• Lauren November 12, 2013 at 5:54 pm Reply

I’m not sure, as both are integral to structure.

22. […] 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge […]