Homemade VEGAN Apple Honey

Howdy everyone! Welcome to Oatmeal With A Fork!

I’m definitely stoked for this month! As I’ve said many a time, this is definitely my favorite time of year! Let’s get right into some food!

Whole wheat english muffins with Vegan Apple Honey (recipe at end of post) have been on the agenda for morning snacks….

I’ve always felt bad that vegans can’t have honey….it’s so delicious and wonderful! I’m hoping this might be an easy alternative!

I’ve been eating a lot of spaghetti squash lately. This one I topped with my Easy Spicy Marinara Sauce and grated goat cheddar….

Sorry for the messy picture! I was in a hurry to eat! :-)

This individual almond butter fudge made its way into my mouth for an afternoon snack…

….while this quinoa and broccoli casserole was my dinner!

This was soooooo tasty! I just sort of threw some stuff together I had in the fridge, and it turned out fantastic!

For dessert, my daughters and I partook of the ubiquitous banana soft serve…..

….Jadie topped hers with a chocolate sauce and I added some carob powder to mine (I have a serious fixation on carob lately)…..some Pumpkin Fudge also made its way into our bellies…..

…you guys have to try out this recipe!

Another recipe you have to try is this Vegan Apple Honey….

…it’s so easy and all you need is one ingredient!

VEGAN APPLE HONEY (NO bees harmed)

Inspired by this recipe

2 c. 100% organic apple juice

Heat a shallow pan over medium heat. Add juice. Bring to a boil; lower to a simmer and continue cooking until the juice has reduced to syrup consistency (about 45 minutes to one hour). Allow it to cool before using. This should be kept in a clean glass jar in the fridge, and warmed a bit before using.

Other healthy Halloween snacks and treats on this site:

Pizza Popcorn

Magic Shell Banana Treats

Vegan Orange Julius

Devil’s Food Cake

Raw Brownies

Raw Oreos

And now to get you in the spirit of the season…

Muwahahahaha!

What’s your favorite way to use honey?

What are you planning on dressing up as for Halloween?

My husband and I thought it would be fun to be a dead bride and groom….or a dead gangster pair….or……something dead. Yes, we’re a bit morbid. :-)

Shared with: What I Ate Wednesday

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1. jessielovestorun October 3, 2012 at 1:59 am Reply

Your quinoa and broccoli casserole sounds amazing. Girl, you really do have some amazing recipes!!
    jessielovestorun recently posted..Bad & Good + WIAWMy Profile

2. Angela @ Happy Fit Mama October 3, 2012 at 2:36 am Reply

Almond butter fudge? Oh yes! Hahaha! I love the last pic. I’ve got to play around with some of mine to get into the spirit.
    Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..The WIAW That Wasn’t But Now IsMy Profile

3. Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count October 3, 2012 at 2:40 am Reply

Everything looks delicous!
    Fran@ Broken Cookies Don’t Count recently posted..WIAW~Happy Anniversary!My Profile

4. Natasha October 3, 2012 at 2:44 am Reply

Wow that almond fudge thingy looks veryyyy dangerously delicious hahah
    I am DEFINITELY dressing up for halloween, not sure what though! I need some ideas…lol
    Natasha recently posted..Changing my fitnessMy Profile

5. Eating 4 Balance October 3, 2012 at 4:40 am Reply

Did I miss the vegan apple honey recipe? Sounds great!
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted..WIAW In Stratford, CanadaMy Profile

6. Gabby @ the veggie nook October 3, 2012 at 4:53 am Reply

I’m intrigued by this honey recipe! I just got a bottle of Bee Free Honee to try which is also made with apples so I’d love to see your version!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted..wiaw- random foodie photosMy Profile

• Lauren October 3, 2012 at 8:57 am Reply

I’ve heard of the Bee Free, but I’m not sure how it would compare…I imagine my version would be cheaper though! :-)

7. Rachel @ cuttingoutcarbs October 3, 2012 at 7:59 am Reply

Alright so I’m just going to come out and say this, reading your blog just MADE my week. I can’t have gluten, dairy or soy, so I’ve been eating paleo. And normally when I see yummy treats on WIAW, I can’t have them. But I thought, let me just look at the fudge recipe. I can eat it!! Those will be happening in my house sometime this month along with the raw brownies. You are awesome.
    Rachel @ cuttingoutcarbs recently posted..WIAW with a Mini Grocery Store HaulMy Profile

• Lauren October 3, 2012 at 8:54 am Reply

Hahaha, you just made my day Rachel! Let me know if you try it out! :-)

8. Michelle@Peachy Palate October 3, 2012 at 8:02 am Reply

Will definitely be trying out the pumpkin fudge!!!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The joys of new ingredientsMy Profile

9. Healthiful Balance October 3, 2012 at 8:38 am Reply

Yummy eats! That vegan apple honey sounds really good! My favorite ways to use honey are in yogurt and oatmeal and as a topping for bread.
    Healthiful Balance recently posted..September Foodie PenpalsMy Profile

10. Tara@Sugar Spice and Bacon October 3, 2012 at 9:12 am Reply

That fudge looks amazing!!!! Going to try that out for sure!
    Tara@Sugar Spice and Bacon recently posted..What I Ate {in Austin, Texas}My Profile

11. Lot-O-Choc October 3, 2012 at 1:49 pm Reply

Lovely looking eats mm..i really wanna try spaghetti squash; im gonna try and pick some up next time im out food shopping
    Lot-O-Choc recently posted..Melt Boxed ChocolatesMy Profile

12. kelsey October 3, 2012 at 3:51 pm Reply

I can’t seem to find the honey recipe :(

• Lauren October 3, 2012 at 4:18 pm Reply

So sorry! It’s up now! :-)

13. Matt @ The Athlete's Plate October 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm Reply

I <3 goat cheddar :)
    Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..A Fall SurveyMy Profile

14. Min October 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm Reply

Hi, Lauren! WOw! YOur day of eats looks amazing! That casserole esp caught my attention! I love meals like that…just dump everything in, stick in the oven, and voila..yum-o! Haha..I remember you saying Halloween is your favorite day!! Can’t wait to see your post on that day ;)
    Min recently posted..Sweet Potatoes, Peaches, and Yoga – October RandomnessMy Profile

15. Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance October 7, 2012 at 11:20 am Reply

That apple juice honey is so creative! I can’t wait to try it! I want to give it a shot with other juices too… I just got some pineapple juice from Trader Joe’s and it bet that would make a delicious “pineapple honey.”
    Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance recently posted..Coconut Flour and Stevia Zucchini MuffinsMy Profile

• Lauren October 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm Reply

Thanks Lauren! Yeah, I’ve thought of doing it with orange juice as well. Pineapple sounds really good too!

16. brittany January 30, 2013 at 4:38 pm Reply

The Apple Honey looks AMAZING! THANKS a bunch for the idea!!! Do you have a horrible time cleaning the saucepan afterwards? How do you reheat the honey before serving? Do you just remove the bit you’d like and warm it on the stove?

• Lauren January 30, 2013 at 7:55 pm Reply

Thanks so much Brittany! I’ve not had a tough time with the pan. I usually don’t reheat it, I just keep it in a bowl on the counter and use it in place of honey. If you wanted to reheat it, I’d just put it in a non-stick skillet and warm it a bit that way. I hope you enjoy it! :)

17. […] unsalted almond butter 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract 3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or apple “honey” (I used homemade apple “honey”, which isn’t actually honey but has the consistency of honey. […]

18. jenny May 28, 2014 at 7:42 am Reply

how long will it last in the fridge?

• Lauren May 28, 2014 at 12:21 pm Reply

Hi Jenny,

It should be good for a couple of weeks or more!

19. […] Cat’s Peanut Butter Pumpkin Muffins  [also made me giggle + snort!] Lauren’s Vegan Apple Honey Ashley’s Naked Puppy Chow Claire’s Protein Pumpkin Dip Ooh!  I almost forgot to […]