Caramel Apple Pie For Two

This ‘pie’ is one of the best desserts I’ve made….

It is so rich and decadent, and super low in sugar!

Originally I was just going to have apples and caramel to dip them in, but once I got started, I couldn’t resist creating this pie. It’s easy enough to make in a pinch and delicious enough to share with a loved one….or not…. 😉

CARAMEL APPLE PIE FOR TWO

CRUST

1/2 c. raw walnuts

1/2 c. dried figs

pinch salt

Process all until it resembles a meal. Press into a small dish.

APPLE FILLING

1 small apple, chopped

2 t. ghee, butter, or coconut oil

1 t. maple syrup

1/2 t. pie spice

pinch salt

splash vanilla

Heat fat in a small skillet. Add apple, maple syrup, pie spice, and salt. Saute all for about 5 minutes, until apple is softened. Stir in the vanilla. Cool a bit and pour onto crust.

CARAMEL

2 T. raw almond butter

1 T. maple syrup

1 T. olive oil (or melted butter or melted coconut oil if you’re concerned about smoke points)

1 1/2 T. almond milk

pinch salt

Whisk all into it resembles a thick syrup. Pour into a shallow non-stick skillet. Heat until it begins to bubble. Turn down the heat, and let the mixture simmer for 1 minute until it begins to thicken and darken. Turn off the heat, and let the mixture sit for a few minutes on the warm burner. Pour atop the apple filling.

This would be great with some coconut whipped cream and a few toasted walnuts for garnish! It is so easy to make and super delicious! I wish I could give out samples to everyone to prove it! :-)

Shared with: Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2day, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Keep It Real Thursday, Gluten-Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday

Comments

Thanks Antonia! Let me know if you try it out! If nothing else, you have to try the caramel part and just dip some apples in it!

Thanks Gabby. I’ve had so many health problems in my life that I’m at the point of never wanting to go back!

Haha, lately she’s getting wise to my tricks…she’s been separating the cheese from the bread and pulling the veggies off!…the little devil!

Thanks Danielle! I couldn’t believe how well the caramel turned out! If that’s the only part you try, you really should!

Thanks girl! I’m not doing the best with dates lately, so it was figs or raisins! Raisins seem very polarizing, so I went with the figs. :-)

oh wow, what a wonderful recipe! i have got a huuuuge bag of apples from my grandmas garden and after making apple pie smoothie,apple pie, apples strudel and apple dipped in peanut sauce, i am out of ideas! this recipe comes JUST right! love it!

Thanks Alexia! I usually just eat apples with peanut butter, so it’s nice to find other uses for them. Let me know if you try it out! :-)

This pie looks absolutely out of this world! Oh my. Just love the portion size..and your ingredients are fantastic. :-) Thanks for much for sharing with us.

Be Well,