Caramel Apple Pie For Two

This ‘pie’ is one of the best desserts I’ve made….

It is so rich and decadent, and super low in sugar!

Originally I was just going to have apples and caramel to dip them in, but once I got started, I couldn’t resist creating this pie. It’s easy enough to make in a pinch and delicious enough to share with a loved one….or not…. ;-)

CARAMEL APPLE PIE FOR TWO

CRUST

1/2 c. raw walnuts

1/2 c. dried figs

pinch salt

Process all until it resembles a meal. Press into a small dish.

APPLE FILLING

1 small apple, chopped

2 t. ghee, butter, or coconut oil

1 t. maple syrup

1/2 t. pie spice

pinch salt

splash vanilla

Heat fat in a small skillet. Add apple, maple syrup, pie spice, and salt. Saute all for about 5 minutes, until apple is softened. Stir in the vanilla. Cool a bit and pour onto crust.

CARAMEL

2 T. raw almond butter

1 T. maple syrup

1 T. olive oil (or melted butter or melted coconut oil if you’re concerned about smoke points)

1 1/2 T. almond milk

pinch salt

Whisk all into it resembles a thick syrup. Pour into a shallow non-stick skillet. Heat until it begins to bubble. Turn down the heat, and let the mixture simmer for 1 minute until it begins to thicken and darken. Turn off the heat, and let the mixture sit for a few minutes on the warm burner. Pour atop the apple filling.

This would be great with some coconut whipped cream and a few toasted walnuts for garnish! It is so easy to make and super delicious! I wish I could give out samples to everyone to prove it! :-)

Shared with: Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2day, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Keep It Real Thursday, Gluten-Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1. Antonia @ Health Inspirations October 23, 2012 at 11:09 pm Reply

Oh wow, those mint chocolate crisp lollipops look super cute. Perfect for Halloween :) And that recipe for caramel apple…looks great. I’m apple crazy right now so this would be perfect for me!!! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Antonia @ Health Inspirations recently posted..WIAW: home alone…in bed!My Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 8:43 am Reply

Thanks Antonia! Let me know if you try it out! If nothing else, you have to try the caramel part and just dip some apples in it!

2. Jessie October 24, 2012 at 1:10 am Reply

Awe, how adorable are those mint chocolate crisp lollipops!! Your hubby is lucky to have such an awesome wife in the kitchen :)
    Jessie recently posted..WIAW: SPAMy Profile

3. Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count October 24, 2012 at 3:30 am Reply

The lollipops are adorable!!
    Fran@ Broken Cookies Don’t Count recently posted..WIAW~Living In The MaelstromMy Profile

4. Eating 4 Balance October 24, 2012 at 4:31 am Reply

Hmm… That caramel apple pie looks so gooey and sweet! Actually though, I think your cinnamon apple banana rolls look even better. Can’t wait for a recipe!
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted..WIAW- Randomness, Workouts and RecipesMy Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 8:42 am Reply

Haha, thank you! I’m still working on the dough, but hopefully I’ll get it up next month!

5. Michelle @ Eat Move Balance October 24, 2012 at 4:42 am Reply

I love desserts that don’t have a ton of leftovers. And I love apple pie. Great idea!
    Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Spicy Manhattan Clam ChowderMy Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 8:41 am Reply

I agree! It’s so tempting to overeat when it comes to dessert, so it’s nice to have just a few bites made. :-)

6. Gabby @ the veggie nook October 24, 2012 at 5:04 am Reply

Just amazing Lauren! I totally need to try this! You always eat so well :)
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted..alter eco review, an easy curry and a rainbow quinoa pilaf with a surprise ingredient- chocolate!My Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 8:40 am Reply

Thanks Gabby. I’ve had so many health problems in my life that I’m at the point of never wanting to go back!

7. kelsey @ somuchlifetolive October 24, 2012 at 8:11 am Reply

Wow. That’s beautiful! I want a piece right now:)

8. Alex @ therunwithin October 24, 2012 at 8:13 am Reply

mm caramel apple, what a great flavor combo
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..DTM- Not to be Confused with DFMMy Profile

9. Leanne @ eatandgetmoving October 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm Reply

I love the look of that Cinnamon Apple Banana Roll :) And those lollipops are adorable! :D
    Leanne @ eatandgetmoving recently posted..WIAW with some broccoli, avocado, teas, angels, soup, carrot cake protein squares and SALSA (the dance, not the condiment ;-) My Profile

10. Miss Polkadot October 24, 2012 at 2:58 pm Reply

Those Cinnamon Apple Banana Rolls look fantastic! I wish I could come over to your house and have you cook for me :D.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted..[Not] fallen off the face of the worldMy Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm Reply

Hahaha, thanks girl!

11. Nicole @ Sugar Coated Sisters October 24, 2012 at 3:46 pm Reply

That caramel apple pie looks delicious! And that’s such a good idea to hide the veggies under the cheese… I’ll have to remember that for when I have kids in the future!
    Nicole @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..WIAW 10/24: Snacks on SnacksMy Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm Reply

Haha, lately she’s getting wise to my tricks…she’s been separating the cheese from the bread and pulling the veggies off!…the little devil!

12. Danielle (@Clean Food Creative Fitness) October 24, 2012 at 3:55 pm Reply

You are genius! This looks so amazing and is still healthy! I will have to try this out before the fall season is over!
    Danielle (@Clean Food Creative Fitness) recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

• Lauren October 24, 2012 at 4:09 pm Reply

Thanks Danielle! I couldn’t believe how well the caramel turned out! If that’s the only part you try, you really should!

13. Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 24, 2012 at 8:49 pm Reply

I love the way you made your caramel! So much better than the traditional.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Cinnamon-Flax Baked Chicken + WIAWMy Profile

14. freshlifefindings October 25, 2012 at 11:34 am Reply

Lauren this caramel apple pie looks to die for! I love the raw crust you did with the walnuts and figs- yum!
    freshlifefindings recently posted..PR Baby + Bridges & HillsMy Profile

• Lauren October 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm Reply

Thanks girl! I’m not doing the best with dates lately, so it was figs or raisins! Raisins seem very polarizing, so I went with the figs. :-)

15. Matt @ The Athlete's Plate October 25, 2012 at 4:59 pm Reply

This looks amazing!
    Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Naked Coconut Water Readers Challenge WinnerMy Profile

• Lauren October 25, 2012 at 5:34 pm Reply

Thanks buddy! :-)

16. Heather October 26, 2012 at 11:02 am Reply

This apple pie looks sooo good Lauren! Those choccies look fabulous too!! Perfect for halloween.
    Heather recently posted..My New Blog and Vegan Pumpkin BlondiesMy Profile

• Lauren October 28, 2012 at 9:20 am Reply

Thanks Heather! I loved the look of your pumpkin cream bars as well! :-)

17. Alexia October 28, 2012 at 4:01 am Reply

oh wow, what a wonderful recipe! i have got a huuuuge bag of apples from my grandmas garden and after making apple pie smoothie,apple pie, apples strudel and apple dipped in peanut sauce, i am out of ideas! this recipe comes JUST right! love it!

• Lauren October 28, 2012 at 9:18 am Reply

Thanks Alexia! I usually just eat apples with peanut butter, so it’s nice to find other uses for them. Let me know if you try it out! :-)

18. amber October 30, 2012 at 1:16 pm Reply

This pie looks absolutely out of this world! Oh my. Just love the portion size..and your ingredients are fantastic. :-) Thanks for much for sharing with us.

Be Well,
    –Amber

• Lauren October 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm Reply

Thanks Amber! It’s my pleasure to share. :-)

19. Nasreen Kabir January 4, 2013 at 6:44 pm Reply

great recipes thanks

20. Fall Apple Pie Smoothie « THE S-LIFE MAG September 23, 2013 at 7:38 pm Reply

[…] it will satisfy your sweet tooth. And if you’re still craving a slice come morning, try this vegan caramel apple pie, it’s right where I’m headed […]

21. […] Caramel Apple Pie for Two from Oatmeal with a Fork ~ gluten free, grain free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, paleo/primal, vegan […]