Hi everyone! Welcome! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was spent working on numerous recipes, all of which left my kitchen looking like this….
….the other side is worse.
I ended up with some great creations though! My husband had some of his family in town from Oregon, so I was able to use them as taste testers, which was fun!
Today’s recipe is an awesome one, especially if you are vegan or just looking for healthy alternatives…
Carrot Nog is the brain child of a healthy girl’s insatiable desire for eggnog….ahem, me.
This delicious drink has been veganized and healthified (them is words, right?)… 😉
This is one holiday treat you’ll want to (and can) experience again and again throughout the year!
- ½ c. coconut milk (I used light)
- ½ c. almond milk
- ⅓ c. fresh carrot juice (I got this by juicing 3 carrots)
- ⅛ t. salt
- 2-3 t. maple syrup (I liked 2, but a couple of my tasters liked 3)
- ⅛-1/4 t. nutmeg (freshly ground, if possible…the pre-ground stuff is not as good)
- 1 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1½ t. slippery elm, powdered (optional, but it adds to the sweetness and thickness)
- Blend everything until well combined.
- Chill for a bit in the fridge.
- Enjoy with some shredded carrot, dried coconut, or some whipped coconut cream!
The addition of the slippery elm, as I stated, provides sweetness and thickness, but it also hosts a slurry of other benefits including:
- provides gastrointestinal relief in cases of irritable bowel syndrome
- provides respiratory relief in cases of bronchitis or coughing
- provides skin relief in cases of psoriasis, boils, and burns
These are just some of the ailments helped and more reasons for you to try this drink! It’s creamy, healthy, and absolutely delectable!
…..and save your carrot pulp! I’ll have a recipe for it soon!
I wanted to mention my friend Natalie’s blog for a moment. She sent my husband and I a free sample of an energy product called ReVive America, which provides an energy boost at the cellular level instead of just giving you caffeine high. I had my husband try it, as I am still nursing Natalie (my daughter, not my blog friend :-)), and he really liked it! He typically gulps down a pre-workout drink just about every day before he heads in for his two hours at the gym, so he knows what it feels like to be amped. While he obviously didn’t find it quite as effective as his usual chemical concoction, he felt a definite change in his energy level and really enjoyed the taste of the drink! It’s also A LOT healthier than what he typically gulps down, so that’s a HUGE plus in my eyes. For more info, head here https://www.vollara.com/
If you decide to give it a try, call 877-358-9822, and use the code 762474 to get 50% off your purchase!
Do you drink eggnog?
What’s your favorite holiday treat?
In addition to eggnog, I love Christmas cookies…frosted…with little silver bell sprinkles.
Shared with: Make Your Own Monday, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Allergy-Free Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2day, Wheat-Free Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Keep It Real Thursday, The Pennywise Platter, Gluten-Free Friday