Peanut Butter Cup Candy Bars (Sugar-Free!)

Hello everyone! Welcome back to the blog world! I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year’s!

It feels good to be back and to be posting recipes again. Today marks the beginning of a month-long series on Oatmeal With A Fork that I’ve titled ‘DetoX-mas’…..

IMG_0335

…complete with complimentary artwork. :-)

My husband and I were both feeling all the sugar from the many sweets made and consumed over the last few months, so we are both aiming to significantly decrease that amount…..so I thought it’d give me even more motivation if I blogged about it!

This month, all the desserts and treats you see will be free of ANY added sweeteners, with the exception of fruit (fresh, frozen, and dried) and stevia.

To kick it all off, I’ve got these babies for you….

bar2

….if you like Reeses’ peanut butter cups, I’m sure you will love these! They taste just like them….only in bar form….

bar3

….and with only 5 ingredients, there’s no reason NOT make them.

PEANUT BUTTER CUP CANDY BARS

Click here for nutritional information

1/4 c. peanut butter (I used salted)

1/4 c. coconut oil, melted

1/4 c. carob powder

1/8 t. salt (a bit more if using unsalted peanut butter)

1/4 t vanilla

20 drops liquid stevia

Mix everything together until combined (there should be no lumps). Pour the batter into a small square container (I used a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex container). Place it in the freezer until hardened. Cut and enjoy your sugar-free treat!

bar1

I would highly recommend sticking with the carob in this recipe, as it is less bitter than cocoa and pairs very well with stevia.

….and just in case you’re wondering if these are worth a darn….

IMG_0369

…another flattering picture she’ll thank me for.

What’s your favorite sugar-free treat?

Shared with: Make Your Own Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Fight Back Friday

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1. Alex @ therunwithin January 2, 2013 at 8:01 am Reply

mm those sound good, the sugar from the holidays are always the toughest to get away from
    Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Jam on Your WednesdayMy Profile

• Lauren January 2, 2013 at 8:56 am Reply

Hi Alex! :-) Yeah, we needed a major overhaul after these last few months.

2. Michelle @ Eat Move Balance January 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm Reply

Great idea for the month of January! I can’t wait to see the recipes you come up with! Looks like you started with a good one already.
    Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Buddha’s HandMy Profile

• Lauren January 2, 2013 at 7:37 pm Reply

Thanks girl! :-)

3. Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 2, 2013 at 5:47 pm Reply

This looks delicious!
    Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..P&G eStoreMy Profile

• Lauren January 2, 2013 at 7:39 pm Reply

Thank you Matthew!

4. freshlifefindings January 2, 2013 at 9:04 pm Reply

Yum, my husband loves Reese’s cups but we are always looking for ways to eat less sugar but still enjoy sweets ;) Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday Lauren! :)
    freshlifefindings recently posted..Little Black Dress Leg Workout + Christmas Eve PartyMy Profile

• Lauren January 3, 2013 at 8:50 am Reply

Thanks Natalie, I hope you and Darin did as well! :-)

5. Gabby @ the veggie nook January 3, 2013 at 9:02 pm Reply

These are so similar to almond ones I made a while back but never posted- great minds think alike :)
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted..rich nature product review, a chocolate-covered goji berry green smoothie and a discount offer!My Profile

6. Good Girl Gone Green January 8, 2013 at 9:59 am Reply

Yum! I have made something similar in the past! Anything peanut butter get a thumbs up from me! ~Stephanie

7. Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures January 13, 2013 at 8:06 am Reply

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the featured posts! :)
    Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures recently posted..Seven+ Superfoods, Part 5: Sea BuckthornMy Profile