Happy Firefighter Friday!
I love ranch dressing, as does my fireboy. It’s his favorite dressing, and he used to only eat salads drenched with the creamy emulsion….
…today he’s matured…kind of…
…he still loves his cold cereal, and protein takes precedence over vegetables, but he categorically WON’T eat the typical ranch dressings sold at grocery stores, which are loaded with soybean oil, maltodextrin, and sugar!
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 T. scallion (the dark green portion)
- 1 T. fresh parsley
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 4 T. avocado
- ⅓ c. buttermilk (add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a measuring cup and add enough almond milk to equal ⅓ cup; let sit 5 minutes)
- ⅓ c. plain yogurt (I use Fage 2% greek yogurt, but any kind will work)
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- ¼ t. onion powder
- Add the garlic and scallion greens to a food processor, and pulse a few times.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Process until evenly combined.
Pour this onto a bed of crisp lettuce or use it as a delicious dip for fresh veggies….
What are your favorite salad toppings?
I love a combination of various fresh veggies, a dried fruit, and a nut or seed (my favorite is roasted sunflower seeds).