Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Bites

Hello everyone, and happy Wednesday!

Today’s post is one I’ve had formulated since December, and I’m excited to share it with you….

fudge44

…a delicious, kinda-raw fudge bite that melts in your mouth and bursts with the flavors of raspberry and chocolate….

jam44

…raw is soooo 2008, right? Well, I have an eternal love for raw desserts! I feel great after eating them, and they are made up of such good-for-you foods that it’s hard to feel guilty after eating them.

These are a favorite in my household, and I hope you will agree!

fudge33

With only four ingredients in each layer, these are as easy as they are scrumptious! Choose a sugar-free jam or jelly, but be careful in choosing your jam….this could negate the raw factor. Either way, these are a satisfying and healthy treat!

Recipe: Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Bites

1. For the crust: Pulse the nuts until they are broken up.
  2. Add in the dates, cocoa, and salt, and process everything until well combined.
  3. Press the mixture into a small baking dish.
  4. For the raspberry layer: Mix everything together in a bowl until well-combined (it may take a minute or two for everything to emulsify).
  5. Pour the raspberry layer onto the chocolate ‘crust’.
  6. Put the fudge into the freezer to allow it to firm up (about 20-30 minutes).
  7. Cut and enjoy!

This recipe is based on using 2 oz of Medjool dates and 6 tablespoons of raspberries. Carbs: 5.3 g Sugar: 3.2 g Weight Watchers points (using the new system): 4

Number of servings (yield): 12

Calories: 143

Fat: 13 g

Protein: 2.3 g

fudge22
To quote one of my favorite movies, it is a ‘moral imperative’ that you try this delicious dessert!

Do you have a favorite raw dessert or recipe?

Shared with: Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2day, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Keep It Real Thursday, The Pennywise Platter, Gluten-Free Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday, Raw Foods Thursday

Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1. LjGenthusiast January 23, 2013 at 10:12 am Reply

I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH!!!!!!! I wish I was eating this yummy treat right now!!! ;-)

• Lauren January 23, 2013 at 3:52 pm Reply

Haha, thanks girl! :-)

2. Michelle @ Eat Move Balance January 23, 2013 at 10:38 am Reply

wow–those look delicious. I love how all the ingredients are simple and clean. Great idea! My favorite raw dessert recipe is the Simple Apple Pie I made (and posted about) last fall. Also, my raw fruit crisp was pretty good too.
    Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Cauli-MashMy Profile

• Lauren January 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm Reply

Mmmm…will definitely have to check out that crisp! I love a good apple crisp! :-)

3. Jodye @ Chocolate and Chou Fleur January 24, 2013 at 11:51 am Reply

Chocolate and raspberry is one of my absolute favorite flavor combinations, and especially in fudge form! I have all of the ingredients on hand at this very moment, so I know what I’ll be having for dessert today!
    Jodye @ Chocolate and Chou Fleur recently posted..Cheesy Sun Dried Tomato White Bean SpreadMy Profile

4. Dana January 25, 2013 at 6:18 pm Reply

Oh these are so pretty to look at! I bet they are even better to eat. Can’t wait to try!
    -Dana
    Dana recently posted..Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin, no joke!My Profile

5. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) January 29, 2013 at 9:36 am Reply

OOooo lala, those looks fancy and yummy!
    Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

Thanks for linking back to the Gluten Free Fridays post!

See you at the link up this week! We are having a special giveaway this week! Its a tote bag filled with some Gluten Free Allergy Friendly goodies!

Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com
    Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) recently posted..Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies – #glutenfree #veganMy Profile

6. Food-Full.com January 29, 2013 at 10:30 am Reply

THE HEALTHY PLATE: Recipe for warm double chocolate cakes with raspberry ……

It’s also why I’ve replaced the butter usually found in chocolate cakes with non-fat Greek yogurt. And trust me, not only won’t you miss the butter, but you won’t taste the yogurt. It’s in the mix strictly as a lower-fat way of adding body to……

7. Melissa February 10, 2013 at 7:53 pm Reply

Hey! This looks amazing! What size pan did you use? And about how many servings does this recipe make?

• Lauren February 10, 2013 at 8:11 pm Reply

Hi Melissa, I used a 7 x 5 inch glass Pyrex dish, and I cut it into 12 squares (which is what the nutrition facts are based on). I try/like them! :)

8. mara maxwell February 14, 2013 at 2:40 pm Reply

Is the T tbs or tea??
    thanks

• Lauren February 14, 2013 at 3:13 pm Reply

Hi Mara, capital T is tablespoon, lowercase t is teaspoon. :)

9. Kathy's Kitchen, Health, & Nutrition April 18, 2013 at 1:47 pm Reply

Oh, I love this! Going to have to make it too. Thanks for sharing. I’m visiting from Raw Foods Thursdays.
    Kathy’s Kitchen, Health, & Nutrition recently posted..Happy Day JuiceMy Profile

10. Heather @Gluten-Free Cat April 24, 2013 at 2:23 pm Reply

These are incredible!

So my theme for Raw Foods Thursdays tomorrow is Strawberries, but I just couldn’t help including these in the showcase too! They are just too wonderful not to share! Thanks for linking them up. I can’t wait to try them!
    Heather @Gluten-Free Cat recently posted..Raw Chocolate Walnut CookiesMy Profile

• Lauren April 24, 2013 at 8:17 pm Reply

Thanks so much Heather! I’m glad you liked them, and I hope you get a chance to try them. My husband and I really enjoyed the combination of the raspberries and the chocolate. :-)

11. […] Banana Split Balls by Dana of Celiac Kiddo Pink Pear Smoothie by Joann of Woman in Real Life Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Bites by Oatmeal with a Fork (I just couldn’t resist sharing these […]

12. […] With only four ingredients in each layer, these are as easy as they are scrumptious! You can employ my Sugar-Free Raspberry Jam in these or you can choose a sugar-free jam or jelly or your choice. These are a satisfying and healthy treat!  […]

13. Detox-mas! | Oatmeal with a Fork January 1, 2014 at 5:01 am Reply