The title is quite the proclamation, but I stand by it!
I’ve seen a few variations of these cookies floating around the web and finally had to try them.
OMG. I’m totally not the type to say or write or even think ‘OMG’, but OMG.
These are the best
gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, chocolate chip cookies…ever…
I have to say, though, what makes them so great for me is the fact that they require so little sweetness to be really stellar.
- 1 c. almond meal
- scant ¼ t. sea salt
- ⅛ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. cinnamon, optional, but delicious!
- 3 T. coconut oil or butter, melted
- 2 T. honey or maple syrup
- 1½ t. vanilla
- 1-3 t. water
- 2-4 T. chopped dark chocolate, depending on your personal preference (I used 3 T.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the almond meal, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add in water as needed to bring everything together.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate last.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes on a well oiled or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (the edges should be golden).
- Let them sit on the pan for 5-10 minutes (they firm up during this time, so this is an important step!).
- Remove and enjoy!
Adapted from this recipe
I got about 9 smallish cookies from this dough, but feel free to make them as big (or small) as you desire!
These have a buttery, modestly sweet taste that’s complimented perfectly by the dark chocolate. The cinnamon gives it a little spice that pairs well with all of the other ingredients.
These are delicious right out of the freezer, if you like your cookies cold like me.
**I never heard from Ann for the Traditional Medicinals tea drawing, so the new winner is…Rob Colbert! Congratulations Rob!…please email me at email@example.com with your address, and I will get your sample box sent out to you!
I hope you all take some time this weekend to give these cookies a try!