What happens when you’re highly allergic to the typical cheesecake ingredients?
You come up with your own allergy-friendly recipe. Cream cheese and cashews (with the exception of this recipe I made for my husband) are two ingredients you’ll never see me work with, as I have allergies to both. So what’s a cheesecake-lovin’ girl to do? Make this…
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I’m not the kind of person to overstate myself. ‘The best’, ‘the most’, ‘the greatest’….these aren’t typically phrases that pass my lips. I say this now so you know that when I say ‘this is one of the best desserts I’ve made’, you know I’m not blowing smoke…anywhere.
- Bottom Layer:
- 6 T. oats, measured than ground into flour (if paleo, use almond meal)
- ¼ c. pecans (about 12 whole pecans)
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- ⅛ t. sea salt
- ¼ c. raisins, packed
- 2 t. coconut oil, melted
- Top Layer:
- 2 small avocados
- 4 T. maple syrup
- 4 T. cocoa powder
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- ⅛ t. salt
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- For the bottom layer, process the ground oats with the other ingredients until well combined.
- Press into a glass dish (I used a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex dish).
- Place in the freezer to harden a bit while you make the top layer.
- Process all the ingredients for the top layer until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture atop the bottom layer, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Place the dessert into the freezer for about 30 minutes until solid to the touch.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for best taste.
The small amount of lemon juice adds just the right ‘tang’ to the mix that gives it a cheesecake-like taste. I also used raisins instead of dates in the crust, as I think they pair better with cocoa (think Raisinets)!
Thick, rich, and creamy…we all enjoyed these immensely, and I hope you do too!
What’s your favorite cheesecake memory?
As a kid, my family and I would go to a buffet where the dessert bar provided endless pieces of cheesecake of which to partake….and partake I did!
Shared with: Natural Living Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Allergy-Free Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2day, The Pennywise Platter, Wheat-Free Wednesday, Healthy Vegan Friday