I’ve gushed about it before, but chocolate and mint is really my all-time favorite combination of flavors!
In honor of this month’s Detox-mas, these delicious fudgy, date-sweetened truffles are my perfect for an afternoon slump or sweet tooth craving (and they give you a great boost for the gym!).
Please enjoy the following video showing you how to make them, and, as always, the recipe and nutritional information follow. 🙂
- ½ c. walnuts (or pumpkin seeds for a nut-free version)
- ½ c. oats (I use Country Choice Organic GF Oats) (or more nuts/seeds for grain-free version)
- ⅛ t. sea salt
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 1 c. Medjool dates (about 10)
- ¾ t. peppermint extract
- 1 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 T. water
- Process walnuts and oats until they form a meal.
- Pulse in salt and cocoa 2-3 times until combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Form round balls with the dough (I get about 9).
- Chill in the freezer for 30-40 minutes for best taste/texture.
- Store in freezer.
What is your favorite flavor combination?