For today, I thought I’d just post some randomness in my life, including aspects from food and family!
1. Sammy got a new toy this week!
He’s been on a pushing spree, so my husband bought a toy fire truck for him to boss around. He hasn’t gotten up the nerve to actually ride it yet, but he’ll get there!
2. I’ve been working on myriad low sugar and sugar-free treats, and a few of the recipes have me pretty stoked!
I have a couple of chocolate chip cookie recipes, both gluten and grain-free, along with a delicious brownie, only sweetened with applesauce. They’ve all passed the husband and kid tests, but I have a few tweaks to work out yet!
3. Miss Jadie has been learning about space at school and made an awesome UFO facsimile…
As you can see, she had no trouble whatsoever modeling it for me. 🙂
4. Given that I am super sensitive to anything strong (smells, herbs, etc.), homeopathy is my preferred method of healing when need be.
Lately, I’ve been taking these Cell Salts, since my energy has been lower than usual, and I have felt much better!
I will give a drop or two to my girls too if they seem ‘off’ in any way.
5. I recently bought a high quality gelatin that I’m really enjoying.
I’ve read a lot about its beneficial effects on digestion, and, as a kid, I used to take it for hair and skin.
I also love how it can act as a binder in recipes and a thickener in smoothies, and I recently made a delicious vanilla ‘milkshake’ with it that I’ll share soon!
6. My mom stopped by for dinner recently, and she brought with her a bundle of old pictures…
Far left is my dad as a baby, middle is me and my brother, bottom right is my mom as a teenager, and top is my mom and her immediate family.
7. I don’t typically tolerate yogurt very well, but so far so good with this sheep’s milk variety…
It’s quite tangy, but a couple spoonfuls a day, and my good bacteria is a-flowin’!
8. So, I have this ridiculous pile of Food Network magazines, just sitting and collecting dust in our kitchen, and I’ve made it a point to pore through them all, jotting down or tearing out the material I want to save…
I already got some great inspiration and made the fam a meal of pasta and lentils the other night. You could’ve knocked me over with a feather when they all said they liked it! Hooray!
Anything new and exciting in your lives?