Have you ever made your own chocolate bars?
It's really the best treat, and I love that I have control over the amount of sugar that goes into them.
I know this recipe is nothing new, but hopefully you can gain something by watching the recipe in action.
The base recipe can be made your own by adding ingredients like mint extract (my fave!), goji berries, nuts/seeds, or dried fruit.
Though I don't talk about it in the video, my favorite way to lower the sugar is to add about 8 drops of liquid stevia in place of two tablespoons of the maple syrup. You could also make it totally sugar-free by doubling that amount and eliminating the sweetener altogether, though I like to mix a natural sweetener with stevia for best taste (no aftertaste).
However you choose to make this, I am sure you will love it! Enjoy!
Healthy Homemade Chocolate
- 1/2 c . cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 c . extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 c . pure maple syrup or runny honey
- 1/2 t . vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into chocolate molds of your choice.
- Freeze until hard and set.
- *Keep in the freezer for best taste/consistency, as they melt quickly.