Healthy Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes - A delicious, low calorie treat that's easier than pie to make. With ingredients like pumpkin and oats, these delicious cupcakes are actually good for you!
While this isn't exactly pie, it sure does taste like it.
Ah, how can I describe these? How about handheld pumpkin pie? Creamy, flavorful bites of Fall-spiced Heaven??
Yes friends, these are all that and a bag of oats.
I use the word 'cupcake' loosely, as the only thing resembling such a confection is the shape and baking vehicle.
As you can kind of see in the photos, these actually are more like mini pumpkin pies, in that they have the traditional custard-y taste and soft bite.
This recipe is sweetened with a combination of coconut sugar and stevia, which helps to reduce both carbs and sugar grams.
There is NO oil or butter in the actual recipe. You do, however, need a good amount for your muffin pan. Again, don't use paper muffin cups. Just liberally oil your muffin pans.
For the nutrition facts, there are only about 50 calories per cupcake, under five grams of sugar, and under 10 grams of carbs!
These are perfect for making the day of (or even a couple of days before) Thanksgiving, because the taste just gets better and better!
And the divot in the center is just asking for a spoonful of whipped cream!
If you like pumpkin, take a peek at these recipes
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ + ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp pure stevia
- 6 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice, and stevia.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar with the wet ingredients (pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, milk).
- Stir everything together until smooth and well combined.
- Oil or butter 18 muffin cups VERY WELL. These stick to paper muffin cups, so I don't recommend using them.
- Divide the batter equally among the muffin cups (I got about 18 good-sized cupcakes).
- Bake the cupcakes for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes for about 10-20 minutes (they will sink in the middle a bit).
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!
Shared with: Hearth and Soul