It seems almost every day I look at the clock and find it’s 12:34 p.m. It’s uncanny. My husband suggested that there’s something electromagnetic that pulls my eyes to the clock at this particular time. Personally, I wonder if it’s an omen of some sort….
…or perhaps this is the time when culinary brilliance hits? I’m often cooking or baking at this time…sampling new recipes…getting prepped for picture taking when the light is at its best…shooing everyone out of the kitchen like a madwoman….
…let’s just say, I created these bars during this time and call it genius.
- 2 T. creamy peanut butter to make these completely raw, use raw almond butter
- 1/4 c. milk of your choice
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- 16 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 c. coconut oil melted
- 1/8 t. salt bump this up to 1/4 t. if using unsalted peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. oats ground into flour
- 3 T. chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs my personal favorite
- Whisk the peanut butter, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and stevia until well combined.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, again until well combined.
- Stir in the ground oats and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mix into a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex dish (or another small container).
- Freeze until set.
- Cut and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are based on using unsweetened almond milk, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and three tablespoons of chopped dark chocolate.
Weight Watchers points (new system): 4
I know everyone says this about everything, but these really do taste like peanut butter cookie dough! 😀
I was inspired by my Double Layer Chocolate Cookie Bars. I found myself continually eating just the top half or saving it for last, like the cream in an Oreo, so I decided to make an entire pan of just the cookie dough layer. With the next batch, I added peanut butter, and a star was born.
…maybe that’s what I’m supposed to be doing at 12:34 p.m. 😀
Are there any numbers in your life that repeat themselves?
When I was a teen, I found that the number 87 showed up everywhere.