With today being the first day of summer, I couldn't resist posting a recipe for a cold glass of lemonade...
If your kids don't have trouble with citrus, this is something you can feel good about giving them, and the high vitamin C content is great for colds and general immune system health.
Almost Sugar-Free Lemonade
- ¼ c. lemon or lime juice you can also do a combo of the two
- ¾ c. water
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 8-10 drops liquid stevia depending on your taste for a sweeter or slightly more tart drink
- Mix the first four ingredients by hand.
- Pour it over a cup of ice.
Some other fun uses for limes and lemons:
- Because of the high vitamin C content, limes and lemons are both beneficial when applied topically. As I type this, I have lime juice on my face in an attempt to 'brighten' my complexion. 🙂
- Try applying lemon juice to a blemish...it has skin lightening properties and may help take the red out.
- Make your own hand scrub with sugar, olive oil, and lemon juice: 1/2 c. + 2 T. sugar, 1/4 c. olive oil, and 1 T. lemon juice. The sugar will exfoliate, while the olive oil softens, and the lemon juice disinfects.
- Lime juice has been shown to help inflammation in such cases as arthritis and gout. (source)
So easy and so deliciously good for you!
What's your favorite cold drink?
I like slushy-type drinks. You may see something like that on here in the near future. 😀