Blueberry overnight oats are a delicious and healthy way to start the day, and there's no cooking involved!
In light of impending rushed mornings and hungry bellies, I've created a fun, new overnight oats recipe to send them off with.
Simply blend blueberries with some milk and a bit of sweetness, mix it with oats and vanilla, and voila!...a scrumptious, blurple batch of overnight oats.
For sweetness, I personally just use stevia, but I blend in one date for the kids.
Vanilla powder and cinnamon are both excellent additions, as would be a few chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds, depending on your allergy situation.
File this one under, 'I need a fast, healthy breakfast that requires me to do absolutely nothing but open the container'.
Add your oats to a bowl.
Stir in the blueberry milk.
I like to use my Homemade Coconut Milk for this recipe, as it adds a natural sweetness (and it tastes yummy!).
For sweetener, I usually use a few drops of stevia for myself, but for the kids, I use one date. Just blend either in with the milk and berries until smooth.
Top with extra blueberries, some coconut, or a few walnuts for pizazz.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 2 cups milk of your choice see Notes
- ⅔ cup blueberries (I use frozen blueberries)
- sweetener, as desired see Notes
- scant 2 cups rolled oats
- good pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- The night before you want to eat this, blend the milk with the blueberries and sweetener until smooth.
- Combine the 'blueberry milk' with the oats, salt, and vanilla.
- Place in a glass jar or storage container.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning, enjoy, adding an extra splash of milk, if desired.
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!