These chocolate banana muffins are a delicious, no sugar added treat – Made with oat flour, which provides a naturally sweet base.
Yikes, it seems I’ve been so sporadic with posting lately.
The blog is never far from my mind or my kitchen endeavors, but in addition to life’s many monkey wrenches, I get hung up on taking pretty pictures and sitting down to write out the actual details.
You all wouldn’t mind seeing a half-eaten muffin in the oh-so flattering flourescent kitchen light, would ya??
Well, not to worry, because I actually managed to squeeze out a few decent shots of these muffins that will hopefully appeal!
I have to be in a particular mood to have banana in my treats, especially those that are chocolate…BUT!…if you’re in the mood for the classic combo, these muffins are a healthy way to indulge!
Bananas are a great way to sweeten treats without adding sugar, which is exactly what this recipe does.
The banana also helps the moisture content of these chocolate banana muffins, lending an almost ‘fudgy’ texture.
The kids go crazy for these, so I’ll (try) to make batches during a week for their school snacks. Top them with a few chocolate chips, and you’ve got a healthy and energizing treat for all!
Some other banana-sweetened recipes you might enjoy:
No Sugar Added Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk of your choice
- chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet mix into the dry ingredients, and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Line a muffin tray with 11 paper cups.
- Divide the batter among the 11 muffin cups.
- Top each with a few chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, until the tops are springy.
Inspired by Yammie’s Noshery
I like to use my Homemade Coconut Milk in this recipe.
Some of the items I use in this recipe include: