My Homemade Effervescent Face Scrub - Only three common ingredients needed to make this awesome little face scrub that makes your face bright and smooth!
It has been a good while since I've posted a beauty recipe! My last one was this Detox Face Mask back in 2014.
Today, I want to show you my favorite homemade face scrub, made with only THREE ingredients!
This is my best trick to brighten and freshen my face, and I use it often!
We've been taking full advantage here of the hot Arizona sun and our cool pool, but the sun's rays can definitely dry me out, especially my face.
In that case, or even if my skin is just dry or in need of some exfoliation, I whip up this scrub.
It works great for brightening, freshening, exfoliating, and evening out my face.
So what's in it?
Just three common ingredients:
2. Baking soda - Another awesome exfoliation ingredient, and baking soda has been touted to be beneficial for acne, as it has antibacterial properties.
3. Lemon juice - This is a great natural source of vitamin C, which is good for fine lines, and it combines with the baking soda to create the effervescence!
I use this every day after the pool, and it immediately brightens me up and smooths out my skin.
I hope you give it a shot sometime!
My Homemade Effervescent Face Scrub
- 1 tsp fine pink sea salt or Celtic salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix the salt and baking soda.
- Add in just enough lemon juice to create a paste. Don't make it too liquid or the baking soda with 'melt'.
- Apply scrub to your face with your fingers using small circular motions. Do this for at least 30 seconds and up to 60, depending on your skin's sensitivity.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Be sure not to add too much lemon juice. You want to form an almost dry 'paste'.