This creamy, honey coleslaw is luscious and delicious! Slightly sweet and tangy, and it's a great way to get your kids to eat cabbage.
This is my favorite coleslaw recipe EVER.
I'm not one for strong, vinegar-y coleslaw recipes, as I grew up with the likes of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
For me, the cabbage should be finely chopped and the coleslaw should be coated in a rich dressing that I can practically slurp as I eat. Mission accomplished!
I love the sweet and tangy combination of ingredients in this recipe, as well as the creamy consistency.
What's even better is that it's sweetened with honey, and it's good for you!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Mayo - I use Chosen Foods avocado mayonnaise.
- Yogurt - I use full-fat plain yogurt, NOT Greek yogurt.
- Rice vinegar - This is the BEST vinegar for this recipe. I've tried others, and they're not nearly as good.
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cabbage, carrot, and scallions
In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
Next, add the cabbage, carrots, and scallions to a large bowl.
Finally, pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss until well-coated. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for best flavor.
Tips and tricks
Choose a yogurt that you like the taste of on its own.
It's important to refrigerate the coleslaw for the stated time prior to serving. This softens the cabbage and enhances the flavors.
Creamy Honey Coleslaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise I use Chosen Foods avocado mayo
- ½ cup plain yogurt I use a full-fat version
- 1 ½ Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons honey depending on how sweet you like it
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt you may need a bit more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ head green cabbage finely shredded; about six cups
- 2 small carrots grated
- 2 scallions chopped
- Whisk the mayo, yogurt, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt, and pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage, carrots, and scallions and toss well.
- Taste and adjust honey and salt, if necessary.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for best taste.
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!