Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Brown Rice - This delicious meal is easy to put together, and it's very hands-off. A great recipe for nights when you're tired or have other things to tend to.
Many of the dinners I make lately are created under a heavy weight of fatigue.
Some days are better than others, but so often it seems when it's time to make our last meal, all I want to do is go lay on the couch!
Today's recipe is one that I created under those circumstances, BUT!...my family all really enjoyed this chicken and rice dish!
Honestly, I made it one night when I was very tired and wanted something as quick and easy as possible.
I just chopped the few veggies and threw everything into the amazing Instant Pot!
I don't know about you, but I always have onions, carrots, garlic, chicken and rice on hand, and this recipe is a direct reflection of that. Rice, quinoa, and beans, in particular, are foods we buy in bulk, as we use SO much of each!
The recipe below is the quickest and easiest way to make this. I've also added celery with great results, and a dark, leafy green could be stirred in at the end of cooking.
I love the taste of parmesan here, but I really think any cheese would work. Cheese adds flavor as well as a semi-creamy texture to the mix.
Parsley is my go-to herb of choice, and I haven't tried any others.
I'm eating very simple these days, staying away from too many dried spices, in particular. I actually have a great ground turkey and quinoa skillet recipe that I need to post, which is simple and so good!
I hope you enjoy this one if you try it out!
If you like your Instant Pot as much as I do, try some of our other favorites!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Brown Rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts roughly chopped into 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups long grain brown rice rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water or broth
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Set the Instant Pot to 'saute' and add in the oil and butter.
- Once melted, add in the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes, just to get some color on it.
- Add in the veggies, salt, and pepper, and let everything cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and water.
- Seal and lock the lid making sure the vent is closed.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Let the Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Manually release the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the cheese and parsley.
Some of the items used to make this recipe include: