I was recently contacted by my blog pal Anna of The Guiltless Life (now Your Healthy Place) about offering her e-book to a lucky reader. Needless to say, I jumped at the opportunity. Anna disappeared from the blog world for a bit only to come back with her certificate in health coaching and a brand new blog.
Anna’s blog was one of the first I came across when I began my own, and she was always so nice and helpful when I had questions. A lot of the time, I come across recipes that I sincerely want to try out but don’t because I get so caught up in creating things for my own site! Even with this being the case, I still managed to try and love a few of Anna’s creations and enjoyed every one!
Her new e-book has a wide range of recipes to choose from including Chocolate Chip Protein Waffles, Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, and Better-Than-Ice-Cream Protein Milkshake. The book contains 40 deliciously easy and affordable recipes, along with a list of Anna’s favorite products and pantry items to help you along the way. The recipes are vegetarian, with some vegan and gluten-free options as well, and Anna has allowed me to feature one of them today…
…enter these delicious lemon poppy-seed muffins!
Aside from being high in protein, sugar-free, and healthy, these muffins are light, moist, and bursting with just the right amount of lemon flavor and sweetness.
I love the nutritional stats on these! 95 calories, 5.4 grams of protein, and only 11 grams of carbohydrates (low carb is considered to between 1-10 grams, so these just missed the mark!). My husband and I seriously ate all but one of these after I made them. They are that good!
- ⅓ c. almond flour
- ½ c. + 1 T. flour (I used spelt)**
- 1 T. poppy seeds
- 1 t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ⅛ t. salt
- 4 packets stevia (each packet of stevia = 2 teaspoons of sugar or 2-4 drops of stevia liquid concentrate)
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ c. greek yogurt or cottage cheese (if you use cottage cheese, be sure to blend it first)
- 6 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ t. oil (I used walnut)
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the flours, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, stevia (packets or powder), salt, and lemon zest together in a bowl.
- Mix the yogurt or blended cottage cheese, applesauce, oil, lemon juice, and egg together in another bowl.
- Mix everything together just until combined (over-mixing = tough muffins!).
- Divide the mixture equally between 8 muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- Bake 25 minutes (mine took a few minutes more, probably because I used dehydrated almond pulp). They should be golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool and enjoy!
You can enter to win Anna’s e-book one or both of the following ways:
1. Like Anna’s Facebook page here: Your Healthy Place.
2. Subscribe to Anna’s newsletter by going to her website (www.yourhealthyplace.ca) and enter your information in the top right sidebar.
Please leave a separate comment for each, as I will be choosing a winner from the comments section on Friday.
If you’re interested in purchasing the e-book, you can do so on Anna’s site by using the code oatmeal25. You will receive 25% off the original cost of $16. If you have any questions or trouble, please email Anna at email@example.com.
THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU!