Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt - These delicious muffins are a great way to enjoy the lemon poppy seed combination, and they're low in fat and high in protein!
...enter these delicious lemon poppy-seed muffins!
Aside from being high in protein, sugar-free, and healthy, these muffins are light, moist, and bursting with just the right amount of lemon flavor and sweetness.
I love the nutritional stats on these! 95 calories, 5.4 grams of protein, and only 11 grams of carbohydrates (low carb is considered to between 1-10 grams, so these just missed the mark!). My husband and I seriously ate all but one of these after I made them. They are that good!
Can I use an egg replacer?
Chia eggs work great in this recipe, so I imagine flax eggs would work as well.
Can this recipe be made vegan?
You can use coconut milk yogurt and a chia egg to make them vegan-friendly.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup almond or coconut flour
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon spelt or oat flour
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons oil I use olive
- zest of one lemon
- 15-20 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the flours, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the yogurt, applesauce, lemon juice, egg, oil, zest, and stevia together in another bowl.
- Mix everything together just until combined (over-mixing = tough muffins!).
- Divide the mixture equally between 10 muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. They should be golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool and enjoy!