Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie - This creamy pumpkin pie smoothie tastes like the classic holiday dessert in liquid form! Sweetened with dates and under 200 calories, NO banana needed.
Why we love this recipe
This one's for all you pumpkin pie lovers out there, myself included.
Drinking this smoothie is quite literally like drinking pumpkin pie!
This is my daughter Natalie's favorite smoothie, as she is a big fan of the various pie spices.
Topped with a little whipped cream, it makes for a scrumptious treat, or leave it off for a nutritious breakfast.
What you'll need to make this banana-free pumpkin smoothie:
Pumpkin puree - This smoothie makes great use of any leftover pumpkin you may have.
Spices - Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves are used here to create the best pumpkin pie taste!
Sea salt - This may seem odd, but I ALWAYS add a pinch of sea salt to my smoothies! It brings out all the flavors so well.
Dates - In lieu of banana, this recipe uses soft, juicy dates to add sweetness.
Ice - Blending in a few ice cubes makes the smoothie cold and frothy. Don't use too many though, or you'll dilute the flavors!
How to make a healthy pumpkin smoothie
Smoothie directions are fairly easy, in that you just blend all the ingredients until smooth!
Some tips to ensure your smoothie has the best taste and consistency include:
- Start with the liquid. This acts as a solvent, helping to dissolve other ingredients you add.
- Next, add in your pumpkin and sweetener, in this case dates. Use my date trick to keep soft dates on hand for smoothies or other recipes.
- Follow that with the spices and salt.
- Finally, add in the ice. Sometimes, I'll blend the rest of my ingredients first, stop the blender, then blend in the ice.
- Blend until smooth. You shouldn't see any chunks floating around.
Other banana-free smoothies you may enjoy
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 soft dates
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- scant ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- dash sea salt
- ½ cup ice
- Add ingredients in order listed to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth.
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!
Shared with: Full Plate Thursday