My husband and I aren't big on Valentine's Day.
I actually feel bad for men during this time, as commercials would have them believe that they're pretty much losers unless they shower their significant other with jewelry, flowers, and even cars!
How about, let's just hang out together, stuff our faces with chocolate, and see where the night takes us (wink, wink)...
...and while my hubby typically likes his Raw Andes' Mint Pie for this love-filled day, I thought I'd change it up a bit this year and treat us each to our own individual delicious, chocolat-y confections.
Speaking of wink, wink, let's talk aphrodisiacs!
There are three, count 'em, THREE foods in this dessert known to have romance-inducing abilities:
Woot, woot!...and if you want to make it four and throw on a little whipped cream, I won't judge. 🙂
I love these pies because they're delicious, fun, and perfectly sized for you and your love! ♥♥♥
-If you're interested in the heart doodles atop the pie, I just melted together a bit of coconut butter with some cashew milk and stevia to create the 'icing'. I then used a syringe to pipe the icing onto the pie.
-Replace the oats with more nuts or seeds, if grain-free/paleo.
-Replace the nuts with seeds, if nut-free.
Use your imagination to make these even more decorative! Some beet juice mixed in with the icing would turn it a lovely pink color to match the occasion, and other fruits, like raspberries or pomegranate seeds would be beautiful accoutrements.
Mini Raw Chocolate Love Pies (Gluten-Free)
- 3 T. oats gluten-free, if necessary (I use Country Choice Organic Oats)
- 6 T. walnuts
- 6 T. raisins
- 1 ½ T. cocoa powder
- ⅛ t. sea salt
- 1 t. melted coconut oil
- ½ t. water as needed
- 1 avocado
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 3 T. honey or maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- 5 T. water
- pinch sea salt
- Process together the ingredients for the crust.
- Divide the 'batter' in half and press each half into a small (about 3 inches in diameter) dish or ramekin.
- Set in fridge while you make filling.
- Process the ingredients together for the filling until smooth.
- Pour half of the pudding into each pie crust.
- Top with icing, fruit, whipped cream, etc.
- Chill in fridge until ready to eat!
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!