I've gushed about it before, but chocolate and mint is really my all-time favorite combination of flavors!
In honor of this month's Detox-mas, these delicious fudgy, date-sweetened truffles are my perfect for an afternoon slump or sweet tooth craving (and they give you a great boost for the gym!).
Mint Chocolate Fudge Truffles
- ½ cup walnuts (or pumpkin seeds for a nut-free version)
- ½ cup oats
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 10)
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Process walnuts and oats until they form a meal.
- Pulse in salt and cocoa 2-3 times until combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Form round balls with the dough (I get about 9).
- Chill in the freezer for 30-40 minutes for best taste/texture.
- Store in freezer.
What is your favorite flavor combination?