Healthy Chocolate Pudding Snacks - If you loved the Jell-O snacks as a kid, you'll love this cleaned up version made with organic gelatin powder, honey, and cocoa powder.
Everyone in the house loves these healthy chocolate pudding snacks.
They make a delicious snack, and they're so easy to make!
I recently bought a tub of this gelatin from Perfect Supplements in order to update a couple of recipes, including these pudding snacks.
What sold me on the company (which I have NO affiliation with) is their attention to making clean products. I'll tell you quickly, I also purchased their collagen, and I noticed within DAYS that my nails were growing faster. That's pretty amazing, and made me question the protein powder I'd been using for over a year, as it didn't seem to be having any effect.
I've only had the gelatin for a week or so, but it has worked great in my recipes, particularly this one.
Though I wasn't allowed much junk food as a kid, I still managed to get my hands on someone's Jell-O pudding snack, which is what today's recipe is fashioned after.
What I truly enjoy about my version is that it's made with clean and healthy ingredients. These are sweetened with honey and pumped up with a little protein, thanks to the addition of gelatin.
And, they're delicious!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Milk - We really enjoy using whole, raw milk. I've also used coconut milk and almond milk with great results.
- Honey - Maple syrup would also work, but the honey tastes really good in this recipe.
- Cocoa powder - Carob powder could substitute, if you're sensitive to caffeine.
- Gelatin - As written above, I'm using the Perfect Supplements gelatin. I've also used the cheap Knox brand from the grocery store.
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
- Stevia - I like to sweeten these without adding extra sugar, so I add about ten drops to the mix.
Begin by warming the milk in a saucepan.
At the same time, add 1/2 cup of cold milk to a separate container, and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
Next, add the honey to the warmed milk and stir. At the same time, stir the gelatin mixture, then add the honey-milk to the gelatin.
Whisk in the remaining ingredients, including the cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and stevia, until there are no lumps.
Distribute the milk mixture among 2-3 small glasses and put in the fridge to chill until set.
This has the consistency of a chocolate Jell-O pudding snack. If you're looking for something with a softer consistency, try my Carob Mousse.
Other chocolate recipes you might like
Healthy Chocolate Pudding Snacks
- 1 ½ cup milk of choice divided
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ teaspoon gelatin powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia
- Warm one cup of the milk in a small saucepan.
- In a medium-size bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over remaining 1/2 cup of cold milk. Let stand for one minute.
- Stir the honey into the warmed milk until well combined.
- Whisk the gelatin/milk mix until gelatin dissolves, and add in the warm milk mix, along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Divide the mix between 2-3 small bowls, and place in the fridge until firm (1-2 hours).
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!