“I know cookie dough is a bit overdone, but there’s a reason it’s overdone.”
That’s a direct quote from my husband when I asked what he thought this little breakfast should be called.
Happy Labor Day everyone! I debated whether or not to even post today, but I figured some of you may be akin to me, in that I enjoy your vacation days at home. 😀
Overnight oats have been a long time favorite breakfast of mine. I typically make My Favorite Overnight Oats, but I’ve recently been having more trouble with yogurt, so I wanted to make a dairy-free version that was equally delicious!
The other morning, I prepared my daughters a pot of cooked oatmeal to which I added in peanut butter and honey, and it was so darn good that I got to thinking about a peanut butter overnight oats recipe, which fostered this deliciousness.
I know overnight oats and their myriad manifestations are nothing new, but this recipe has a little secret something that sets it apart, and the proportions are spot on to give you a thick, delicious breakfast that you’ll (hopefully) want to make again and again.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Overnight Oats (Dairy-Free)
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. milk of choice I used homemade rice milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. nutritional yeast optional, but delicious!
- dash salt you may need a bit more if using an unsalted peanut butter
- 1 T. natural peanut butter
- 2 Medjool dates chopped (you can also add 2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup, or about 16 drops of liquid stevia if you prefer)
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- Mix the milk and peanut butter in a bowl until well combined (there shouldn't be any peanut butter clumps).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- After it has soaked, you have to mash the dates in a bit to combine them with the rest of the ingredients.
It seems everything with oats and dates tastes like cookie dough, and truly it does!
Just a simple, easy recipe for today that will maybe make going back to work tomorrow a bit more enjoyable. 😀
What’s your favorite overnight oats combination?