Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies – Easy, delicious, and made with a combination of cashews and oats, these are a great vegan treat!
Lately, my desserts have been a rotation of raw treats.
I previously thought I was allergic to cashews, but after a series of allergy testing, including IgG, IgE, and IgA panels, that didn’t show any reaction, I have added them back into my diet on a limited basis.
Though I often see them referred to as a nut, they are actually a seed.
They grow out of the bottom of cashew apples, which is not exactly a fruit, but rather an accessory to a fruit, similar to a tentacle on a strawberry.
I love these frozen, but my husband enjoys them at room temperature.
Either way, they make a delicious and healthy treat!
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies with Homemade Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 c. raw cashews ground into flour
- 1/2 c. oats ground into flour
- 1 T. + 2 t. maple syrup
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1/8 t. sea salt
- 3/4 t. vanilla
- 3 T. chocolate chips homemade, cacao nibs, or chopped dark chocolate
- Stir all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Form six cookies.
- Place on a wax paper-lined plate and freeze or refrigerate until set.
I make my cashew and oat flours by grinding them (separately) in a Nutribullet. Take care not to grind the cashews too much or they will butterize.
Shared with: Meal Plan Monday