Apple crisps definitely make my ‘top three’ for favorite desserts.
The biggest complaint I have with making them, is waiting! The recipe typically requires 30-45 to bake, and, while it is totally worth it, some nights I haven’t planned my menu as well and want immediate sweet tooth satisfaction!
Enter the raw version of the fruity confection.
Though it takes a bit of time for the apples to soak, this can be done while you make the delicious, sweet crumble topping.
Topped with a bit of coconut whipped cream, this makes a great dessert in a pinch!
Please enjoy the following video to show you just how to make it.
Raw Cinnamon Apple Crumble (Vegan, Gluten-Free)--Video
- APPLE LAYER:
- 2 sweet apples , peeled and sliced
- 1 t . lemon juice
- 1 t . cinnamon
- 1 T . maple syrup
- CRUMBLE LAYER:
- 1/3 c . raw walnuts
- 1/4 c . oats
- 2 T . pumpkin seeds
- 1 t . chia seeds
- 1/2 t . cinnamon
- 1/4 t . allspice
- pinch sea salt
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1 t . maple syrup
- 1 t . dairy-free milk or water
- Mix the sliced apples with the lemon juice, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Let the mixture macerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a food processor to pulverize the walnuts, oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, spices, and salt until they form a meal.
- Add in the dates, maple syrup, and water.
- Process until the mixture is well combined and begins to clump together.
- Pour the apples into a small dish (I use a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex dish).
- Using your hands, spread the crumble atop the apples.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
What is your favorite quick dessert?