Brownies have to be one of my favorite desserts….ever.
Oatmeal raisin cookies, lemon meringue pie, and carrot cake are all in the top five as well, but there’s something about a brownie that makes me feel comforted.
These brownies are rich, chocolate-y, and healthy. I absolutely love raw desserts and this is one of my favorite recipes to make because it’s easy, quick, and satsifying (no baking time required!). 😀
Raw Fudge Brownies With Chocolate Icing
- 1/2 c . pecans (can use all or half walnuts as well)
- 1/2 c . oats , ground into flour (if paleo or grain-free, use another 1/2 cup of pecans)
- 1 c . (about 10) Medjool dates, room temperature
- 3 T . cocoa powder
- 1/4 t . salt
- 1 T . water
- 3 T . coconut oil
- 1 1/2 T . maple syrup
- 1 1/2 T . cocoa
- pinch salt
- 1/4 t . vanilla
- Process the pecans (and oats, if using) until they resemble a meal.
- Remove the meal, and add the dates to the processor.
- Process dates until the are paste-like.
- Add back in the pecan/oat meal, along with the cocoa, salt, and water.
- Process until well combined.
- Press the mix into a 7 x 5 inch dish.
- Place dish into the fridge while you prepare the icing.
- For the icing, mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour atop the brownies, and refrigerate until set.
- Cut and enjoy!
The icing is what really makes these stand out from just being a chocolate Larabar…
Some of you may wish to double the icing…since that’s your favorite part….and you eat half of it before you get it on the brownie….just sayin’.
What dessert is most comforting for you?