Well, hello there…
…many of you regulars might be wondering why I’m posting on a Saturday?
Well, to dive into a bit of my recent drama, my blog literally went to sh*t this past Tuesday, leaving me challenged in more ways than one. This glitch was among a series of mishaps going on around me, so I’ve been emotionally drained, to say the least.
Being unable to access anything on the backend of things here and losing work in the process made for a stressful time, but I’m happy to say things are getting back to normal now.
One of the recipes that went the way of the dodo bird was my recent red lentil pizza crust, which I had posted Monday.
Given its popular nature on my Instagram and with my family in general, I wanted to be sure I re-posted it when able, so here I am!
Redundantly, I will tell you that this has been a favorite around here lately, particularly, with me and Natalie.
However you like your pizza, I think you will enjoy this modern update!
Delicious allergy-friendly pizza crust made from red lentils! NO grains, nuts, or eggs needed.
- 3/4 c . red lentils , soaked 1-24 hours
- 1/2 c . water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 t . dried basil
- 1/2 t . oregano
- 1/4 t . sea salt
- 1/2 t . baking powder
- Rinse and drain soaked lentils.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend or process all of the ingredients until very smooth. Add a splash more water, if needed, for blending.
Line one large or two small baking sheets and lightly spray them with oil
- Pour the batter onto the sheet(s).
- Spread out until it is about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with sauce, cheese, veggies, etc.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Cool a bit, slice, and enjoy!
Nutrition facts based on crust only. WW SmartPoints: 1
Adapted from my Red Lentil Flatbread
I personally don’t notice a huge difference when I soak the lentils one hour or 24, so soak according to your personal diet.