I love a good milkshake!
Even better than that, I love a healthy milkshake that I can make myself, and, with strawberries coming back into season, what better time than now for this.
I truly believe that the proportions of ingredients are extremely important when it comes to smoothies.
Too many times I've tried to 'wing it' and throw a bunch of stuff into a blender, only to have it come out tasting less than sub-par. This is not one of those recipes.
Healthy Strawberry Milkshake
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 10 ounces about 1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- dash sea salt
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender in the order listed.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy!
This is meant to be a dessert drink rather than a smoothie, but feel free to use more stevia and less maple syrup, if desired.
Or, if you're looking to indulge, try some full-fat coconut milk!
Rich, creamy, and packed full of vitamin C from the strawberries, this makes a delicious and healthy indulgence!