I have sweet teeth that need to be satisfied daily.
Without fail, each afternoon shortly following lunch, I am struck by an insatiable desire for something sweet, usually chocolate.
While I love my Homemade Chocolate, I've found that while I'm still breastfeeding Sam, I need to keep an eye on my intake, as the caffeine can rile him up and make for a difficult (napless) day.
In light of that, this treat has been a quick and easy answer to my dessert craving these past couple of weeks, which is ironic because it contains ZERO added sugar!
I can stir together all the ingredients for this recipe in about two minutes, which is great if I'm busy with the kids or chores. It can also be made right in a bowl WITHOUT a processor or blender, making for easy clean-up.
While I've rid myself of my post-pregnancy candida, I continue to keep a watch on my overall sugar intake, making most of my treats now with little to no added sweeteners, and in this recipe, the natural sweetness of the coconut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and a smidgen of stevia all come together to create a rich and completely satisfying treat that can be eaten without worry!
Single Serving Sugar-Free Frozen Cookies
- 3 T . oat flour
- 2 T . grated coconut
- dash vanilla powder; I use about 1/8 teaspoon (see Notes)
- cinnamon , to taste; I use about 1/2-1 teaspoon (I love cinnamon!)
- dash powdered stevia extract
- 2 T . coconut butter , melted first
- Mix the flour, coconut, vanilla powder cinnamon, and stevia together in a small bowl.
- Stir in the melted coconut butter until well combined.
- Taste the batter for extra flavorings.
- Dollop onto a wax paper-lined plate (I usually make three cookies).
- Freeze 5-10 minutes until solid.
This is the vanilla powder I use (NO additives).
This is the coconut butter/manna I use and love!
Though the nutrition facts are per cookie (assuming you make three), I eat this whole batch myself, as the recipe is really meant to be for one. Tailor it to your individual dietary needs, however. 🙂
I don't need to say what I'm not in order to be what I am.
Shared with: Healthy Vegan Friday