I have sweet teeth that need to be satisfied daily.
Without fail, each afternoon shortly following lunch, I am struck by an insatiable desire for something sweet, usually chocolate.
While I love my Homemade Chocolate, I've found that while I'm still breastfeeding Sam, I need to keep an eye on my intake, as the caffeine can rile him up and make for a difficult (napless) day.
In light of that, this treat has been a quick and easy answer to my dessert craving these past couple of weeks, which is ironic because it contains ZERO added sugar!
I can stir together all the ingredients for this recipe in about two minutes, which is great if I'm busy with the kids or chores.
It can also be made right in a bowl WITHOUT a processor or blender, making for easy clean-up.
While I've rid myself of my post-pregnancy candida, I continue to keep a watch on my overall sugar intake, making most of my treats now with little to no added sweeteners.
In this recipe, the natural sweetness of the coconut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and a smidgen of stevia all come together to create a rich and completely satisfying treat without any sugar!
This is the vanilla powder I use.
Single Serving Sugar-Free Frozen Cookies
- 3 T . oat flour
- 2 T . grated coconut
- dash vanilla powder; I use about 1/8 teaspoon (see Notes)
- cinnamon , to taste; I use about 1/2-1 teaspoon (I love cinnamon!)
- dash powdered stevia extract
- 2 T . coconut butter , melted first
- Mix the flour, coconut, vanilla powder cinnamon, and stevia together in a small bowl.
- Stir in the melted coconut butter until well combined.
- Taste the batter for extra flavorings.
- Dollop onto a wax paper-lined plate (I usually make three cookies).
- Freeze 5-10 minutes until solid.
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!