I know I’ve gushed about bananas before, but are they not the most awesome food?
Healthy ice cream, creamy smoothies, simple pancakes, delicious breads…paleo, vegan, vegetarian, grain-free, gluten-free,…freezable, fry-able, bake-able, lovable, hug-able bananas.
They are the star in today’s unique sweet treat….
My birthday passed a couple of weeks ago, and I told my husband I wanted to successfully make, eat, and love this recipe. So I dove right in and wouldn’t you know it, I made, ate, and loved it.
Happy birthday Lauren.
White Chocolate Banana Pops
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 T. cocoa butter
- 6 T. coconut butter
- a couple of pinches of sea salt
- 3-4 t. honey or maple syrup I did 3, but I've recently tamed my sweet tooth, so taste it to see if you desire more
- 1 t. vanilla
- rainbow sprinkles if it's your birthday or you just wish it could be 😉
- Cut the bananas in half.
- Skewer them with a popsicle or lollipop stick.
- Lay them on a wax paper-lined plate.
- Freeze them.
- Once they are frozen, assemble the ingredients for the white chocolate.
- Over low heat, in a saucepan, melt the cocoa and coconut butters together.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the salt, sweetener, and vanilla (try to use room temperature ingredients, or the butters will start to clump).
- Pour the mixture into a tall, narrow glass.
- Dip your bananas into the mix until coated.
- Place back onto the plate to harden (this will just take a few moments, as the cold bananas will cause the butters to set quickly).
- Dip the bananas again into the mix to re-coat (I dipped mine about three times).
- Upon dipping them the last time, quickly top them with the sprinkles while the coating is still wet. This will allow them to stick.
- Put the bananas back into the freezer for a few minutes to completely set.
Easy as pie…
…and so pretty. 🙂
Other treats on a stick you might like:
What’s the best birthday treat you’ve ever made/bought yourself?