Overnight Cinnabuns with Chia 'Frosting' - Instead of overnight oats, make this no-bake, healthy cinnamon roll with a creamy yogurt and chia frosting!
If you've been in any kind of breakfast rut lately, this recipe is for you!
Tired of smoothies and eggs? Looking for a new way to jazz up your life? Do you pop out at parties? Then all you need is a big bite of this Cinnabunnychiafrost.
Yes, with Cinnabunnychiafrost, you can spoon your way to health.
Did I lose you?
Sorry, I went off for a moment, as I have Lucy on the brain. Did you all watch the documentary with Nicole Kidman?
I thought she did a great job, but the movie was lackluster. Womp, womp.
I'm a huge fan of cinnamon and, consequently, a huge fan of the cinnamon roll.
What I'm not a huge fan of is the sugar, hence today's lower sugar facsimile.
I created this no-bake cinnamon roll years ago in the midst of the overnight oats craze.
It's an ode to one of my favorite treats, only made healthy and in the style of overnight oats.
This little beauty is one tasty recipe!
Packed full of nutrition, lower in sugar, and high in protein....how could you not want to make this every morning?!
Enjoy cinnamon treats? Try some of these!
Overnight Cinnabuns with Chia 'Frosting'
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- pinch baking soda optional, gives it a cookie kind of taste
- couple dashes sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp milk of choice
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- few drops stevia
- Mix the first four ingredients (flour through cinnamon).
- Cut in the almond butter (as you would if you were making shortbread). It should look like little pebbles.
- Add in the applesauce, maple syrup, and 1-2 tablespoons milk (start with one) to make a 'dough'. It should be a bit sticky to the touch, but not so much that it doesn't come off of your fingers.
- Form the dough into a cinnamon roll-shaped disc.
- Place it in a bowl and cover it. Let sit in fridge overnight.
- Mix all ingredients for the frosting and pour into a small container to thicken overnight (covered, in the fridge).
- Spread the frosting atop the roll in the morning, and top with more cinnamon, if desired.
You can use yogurt in place of the applesauce in the cinnamon roll part.
This is my favorite stevia to use.
Some of the items I use to make this recipe include:
Shared with: What's For Dinner Sunday