Mashed Potatoes Without Milk
These potatoes are quick and easy to make and are made without any added milk!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 pounds potatoes (red, Yukon, or Russet all work) roughly chopped into 1-2 inch chunks
- 3 large garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Tablespoons butter I use salted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus more to taste
- 4-5 Tablespoons reserved potato water
Add the potatoes and garlic to a large pot.
Cover potatoes with 1-2 inches of water.
Boil the potatoes 16-20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
Drain the potatoes, but reserve at least one cup of the water.
Add the drained potatoes and garlic back to the pot.
Add in the butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and about three tablespoons of potato water.
Mash the potatoes (pull out the garlic if you like or mash it in!), and add more potato water as needed for desired consistency.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Nutrition facts are based on using red potatoes.
WW Points: 7
Sugar: 1.5g | Fiber: 2.6g | Calories: 199kcal | Fat: 10.7g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 24.6g