Hi everyone! Welcome! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was spent working on numerous recipes, all of which left my kitchen looking like this….
….the other side is worse.
I ended up with some great creations though! My husband had some of his family in town from Oregon, so I was able to use them as taste testers, which was fun!
Today’s recipe is an awesome one, especially if you are vegan or just looking for healthy alternatives…
Carrot Nog is the brain child of a healthy girl’s insatiable desire for eggnog….ahem, me.
This is one holiday treat you’ll want to (and can) experience again and again throughout the year!
A delicious and healthy twist on a classic Christmas drink!
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1/3 c. fresh carrot juice I got this by juicing 3 carrots
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2-3 t. maple syrup
- 1/8-1/4 t. nutmeg freshly ground, if possible…the pre-ground stuff is not as good
- 1 T. coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 t. slippery elm powdered (optional, but it adds to the sweetness and thickness)
- Blend everything until well combined.
- Chill for a bit in the fridge.
- Enjoy with some shredded carrot, dried coconut, or some whipped coconut cream!
The nutrition info is based on using 3 teaspoons of maple syrup and no slippery elm powder. WW SmartPoints: 21
The addition of the slippery elm, as I stated, provides sweetness and thickness, but it also hosts a slurry of other benefits including:
- gastrointestinal relief in cases of irritable bowel syndrome
- respiratory relief in cases of bronchitis or coughing
- skin relief in cases of psoriasis, boils, and burns
These are just some of the ailments helped and more reasons for you to try this drink! It’s creamy, healthy, and absolutely delectable!
Do you drink eggnog?
What’s your favorite holiday treat?
In addition to eggnog, I love Christmas cookies…frosted…with little silver bell sprinkles. 🙂