Welcome to another exciting week of sugar-free treats!
Creating these recipes has honestly been a lot of fun for me, and I’m definitely feeling better! There were a couple of days over Christmas when I was seriously fatigued from all my dessert sampling. Even though I don’t use refined sugars, honey and maple syrup and the like can still take its toll when eaten in abundance.
With that said, I’m thinking I’ll keep the sugar-free recipes coming even past January. I’m not sure yet if I’ll make it a weekly thing, but that’s what I have in mind right now. It’s been so beneficial to lower my sugar intake, and it challenges me in the kitchen! I hope this will be something you all will like as well.
Today’s recipe came as the result of me trying to make a sugar-free chocolate cookie for my daughter….
She loves her chocolate and, since she’s gone sugar-free with us, I thought it’d be cool if I could make her something that was both sugar-free and delicious!….
Ever since making these delicious muffins, I’ve adored the combination of brown rice flour and almond meal….Lord knows I have enough almond meal from making milk to last me a lifetime! It is a perfect blend for gluten-free baking! No nasty gums or starches needed here! I didn’t even need an egg, because of the added banana….
….one after the other, these were shoveled into my daughter’s mouth. Needless to say, they were a hit.
- 1 T. date puree (see bottom of this box for a link on how to make your own)
- 1 banana
- 1 T. butter or coconut oil, softened
- 2 T. raw almond butter
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- ¼ t. almond extract
- ¼ c. almond meal
- ⅓ c. brown rice flour
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1/16 t. powdered stevia extract (or about 8 drops)
- ¾ t. pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1-2 T. grated dark chocolate or cacao nibs, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond meal, rice flour, baking soda, stevia and pie spice).
- Cream the date puree, banana, butter or oil, almond butter, and vanilla together for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix everything together until combined evenly.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Top with the grated chocolate or cacao nibs, if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Soft and perfectly sweetened by fruit, these are cookies moms can feel good about eating themselves and giving to their young children….
What’s your favorite healthy snack?