This easy, wholesome no-roll pie crust is made with just five ingredients that you likely have in your home. It’s also gluten-free and nut-free, making it a great allergy-friendly option for you or holiday guests!
With the holidays fast approaching, many of you are probably planning out your dessert menus, which may likely include some type of delicious pie!
Ergo, a good base pie crust recipe will be a valuable asset.
This recipe makes just enough for a base, as I originally intended it for this Clean Honey Pumpkin Pie.
It also works well for my Tart Berry Pie, which has a crumble topping in lieu of the traditional lattice weave.
Please enjoy the following video showing you exactly how to make this easy recipe! 🙂
No-Roll Pie Crust (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
- 1 1/2 c . oat flour (I use Country Choice Organic Oats and just grind the GF variety into flour)
- 2 t . natural granulated sugar
- 1/2 t . sea salt
- 1/4 c . olive oil
- 4-6 T . cold water , as needed
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil until the 'batter' is crumbly.
- Add in the cold water as needed until the dough is moistened, but not sticky.
- Press the dough into a pie plate, pressing it up the sides as desired.
- Add your filling and bake according to pie directions.
- To pre-bake the crust, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes.
If you’re NOT gluten-free, I sometimes like to substitute 1/2 cup barley flour for 1/2 cup of oat flour, as it lends a itself to a more tender crust.
Feel free to use any neutral oil in place of the olive, if desired.
These are nice glass pie plates if you’re looking for a good buy!