5-Ingredient No-Roll Pie Crust – This easy, wholesome pie crust is made with ingredients that you likely have in your home. It’s also gluten-free and nut-free, making it a great allergy-friendly option for you or holiday guests!
My favorite no-roll crust
With the holidays fast approaching, many of you are probably planning out your dessert menus, which may likely include some type of delicious pie!
Ergo, a good pie crust recipe will be a valuable asset.
This recipe makes just enough for a base, as I originally intended it for my Clean Honey Pumpkin Pie.
It also works well for this Tart Berry Pie, which has a crumble topping in lieu of the traditional lattice weave.
Gluten-free and nut-free
To keep this recipe both gluten-free and nut-free, as well as easy, I employ oat flour
Please enjoy the following video showing you exactly how to make this easy recipe!
No-Roll Pie Crust (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp natural granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-6 Tbsp cold water as needed
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil until the 'batter' is crumbly.
- Add in the cold water as needed until the dough is moistened, but not sticky.
- Press the dough into a pie plate, pressing it up the sides as desired.
- Add your filling and bake according to pie directions.
- To pre-bake the crust, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes.
If you’re NOT gluten-free, I sometimes like to substitute 1/2 cup barley flour for 1/2 cup of oat flour, as it lends a itself to a more tender crust.
Feel free to use any neutral oil in place of the olive, if desired.
These are nice glass pie plates if you’re looking for a good buy!
Shared with: Inspire Me Monday