This Creamy Coconut Oil Chocolate Fudge is a delicious, low carb way to enjoy a treat! A perfect dessert for Valentine's Day or any occasion when you're just craving something delicious, but healthy.
Low Sugar Fudge
This has become one of my favorite treats.
While I like all the recipes posted on this blog, I don't make everything on a regular basis, usually because it can be a bit time-consuming in some way. Case in point, these Snickers bars.
I do, however, have a few favorites that are in constant rotation, most of them revolving around chocolate!
Now added to the list...this fudge!
How To Make Coconut Oil Chocolate Fudge
When my husband and I were first married, and I was pregnant with Jade, we took a trip up to a small town in Arizona called Jerome.
It's one of those quaint towns where you'll find old, historical buildings, lots of kitschy gift shops, and a homemade fudge store.
While up there, we indulged in some of the best tasting fudge I've had! Sugar and butter, why are you so damn delicious?!
I never thought I'd be able to recreate something similar (I still love you bean fudge), but, for me, this comes awfully close, and it's healthy!
Please enjoy the following video showing you just how to make it!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Fudge
- 1 c coconut oil semi-solid
- ½ c raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 T honey
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 t vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- stevia optional
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the oil until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Beat for another minute until all is well combined.
- Taste for sweetness, adding in a dash or two of stevia, if desired.
- Pour the 'batter' into a 7 x 5 inch Pyrex dish, making sure to smooth it out.
- Top the fudge as desired with nuts, dried fruit, or (my favorite) fleur de sel.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours.
- Let sit out a couple of minutes before cutting and serving.
This fleur de sel is delicious atop this fudge!
Some of the items I use in this recipe include:
♥♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥♥