What do you get when you pair ground beef with vegetables and quinoa?…
These delicious protein packages!
Not only are these healthy and delicious, but they’re quick and easy to make!
Beef and quinoa come together to make these high protein meatballs!
- 1 lb. ground chicken turkey, or beef
- 3/4 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 small carrot finely shredded
- 1/2 zucchini finely shredded
- 3 T. red onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese grated
- 2 T. fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 480 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl (by hand is best).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the meat into 16 balls, and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes (they should be browning on top).
- Cool and serve!
Nutrition facts are based on using ground beef. Weight Watchers points (new system): 2
These are great for adults and kids, and they work really well paired with whole wheat pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles…
Add in your favorite marinara sauce, and you’ve got one delicious and healthy meal!
What’s your favorite meal with quinoa?