Chickpea Flour Pancakes - A delicious, filling breakfast made with a higher protein flour, NO oil or sugar needed!
These chickpea flour pancakes are an awesome recipe for our family.
It's my go-to allergy-friendly pancake recipe, particularly for Jade.
I make these for my kids at least once a week, so I've got the technique down pat.
They're delicious with some fruit, maple syrup, and peanut butter, and they're so satiating!
Why I love chickpea flour
I do so love chickpea flour (also known as garbanzo bean flour).
It is an excellent grain-free, nut-free flour that is high in natural protein.
I've used it in myriad recipes, including these Chickpea Flour Cookies, which is has been one of my more popular recipes for years.
If you're avoiding sugar or on an anti-candida diet, I think these delicious pancakes would be a great inclusion to your menu.
Water or milk works well in this recipe.
The peanut butter topping in the pictures is my Peanut Butter Frosting recipe.
I like this chickpea flour for recipes.
Chickpea Flour Pancakes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup water or milk of your choice
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium low heat.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt).
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (milk, applesauce, egg, vanilla).
- Stir everything until combined.
- Add a pat of butter to a non-stick pan and let it melt and spread.
- Add batter to the pan in 1/4 cup increments.
- Fry until you see bubbles form and the pancake feels sturdy enough to flip (1-2 minutes).
- Flip and top each cake with about one tablespoon of berries.
- Fry the other side 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone.
If you have a chance to try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know how you liked it!