It’s officially August!
Is anyone else feeling like the days and months are just zipping by?
Today, I wanted to highlight some of what I’m currently into, including categories of food, beauty, and entertainment.
- Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and calcium powder for teeth care. After recently having a few cavities filled (and spending far more than I would have liked), I realized my mouth needed a major overhaul. I was previously using a natural, flouride-free toothpaste in addition to oil pulling with coconut oil, likely making me the only documented failed oil pulling case out there!
- Flash Tats — What can I say, I know they’re trendy and probably going to look horrible when I’m 70, but I love tattoos! This non-permanent variety is different in that it’s very feminine, and its shimmer is designed to mimic the look of gold and silver jewelry.
- Fresh basil (my basil plant is still going strong!), dried oregano, and this blend.
- Sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, short grain brown rice, this stevia, and potatoes of any kind.
- Kefir — Great for digestion and flat bellies!
- Puro Coffee My husband has called this brand one of the best he’s tried (and as a fireman, he drinks quite a bit to stay up some nights).
- Generation Iron — I’m digging documentaries right now. If you were a fan of the original Pumping Iron with Arnold Schwarzenegger, then you will likely enjoy this modern update. The movie follows multiple Mr. Olympia hopefuls in their quest to obtain the elusive title. I love fitness, so this was a compelling watch for me!
- Anything 90s, including Dishwalla, Spice Girls, Chumbawamba, Smash Mouth, Bush, Sugar Ray, Aqua (Barbie Girl, anyone?), and anything from this incredible CD.
- The Strain — Still early, but the gruesome images have me a bit hooked! I’m hoping they develop the characters a bit more though, as that’s taking it down a notch for me.
- Broken Skull Challenge — A challenging reality show that’s about the strength and endurance of the participants and NOT the interpersonal drama. I get enough of that on RHOC.
- Zulily — Awesome for kids’ clothes (I bought four outfits and two pairs of shoes for about $60), and they even have some decent clothes for women.
- Finding Vegan –An incredible site featuring tons of delicious, plant-based recipes.
- The Humble Plate — Mary reminds me a bit of me in how she writes, and she has some great, plant-based recipes.
- Fo Reals Life — Morgan is another plant-based blogger that won’t judge you for wanting your kale with a side of chicken.
- Petite Allergy Treats — Laura is akin to me, in that she has young kids with allergies that she’s trying to make healthy meals for. All of her recipes are free of wheat, soy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, coconut, sunflower, honey, and sesame.
- One-pot meals. Our latest cheap fave includes chicken thighs, onions, carrots, celery, oregano, and brown rice.
- Caramel-topped raw brownies (recipe coming)…
- Warm oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins and these no-bake Cinnabuns.
- Warm salads with a combination of roasted vegetables, tahini-based salad dressings, sauteed dark greens, mixed with some protein in the form of lentils or organic chopped chicken.
What are you digging lately?