A delicious, healthy, easy Indian chicken curry recipe full of flavor and spice! Served with a side of warm rice, this is a very comforting meal.
My go-to dinners typically revolve around chicken, brown rice, vegetables, and cheese...that is, they did revolve around those ingredients.
Since being sick last week, my entire outlook on dinner, and life, for that matter, got a bit of a makeover.
After just 24 hours of being an inert, nauseous sea squirt on my couch, my routine tastes took a sudden shift for the unknown. Literally, I've been at a loss each night as to what to make for dinner!
Let's kindly say that I got a bit too up close and personal with my favorite meal the night that the illness took effect, and it hasn't been the same since.
The silver lining of it all is that the experience has forced me to try out a few new dinner recipes, not the least of which I'm sharing today!
Still chicken, but because it's prepared in a completely different way, the buds are cool with it.
This recipe is so good, even Natalie ate four plates of it! Natalie...you know, that girl who won't hardly touch my dinners without being prodded at least a dozen times? Yes, that Natalie.
I love that this comes together quickly and that it's full of flavor and spice! I use my own Homemade Coconut Milk in the sauce, but I'm sure the canned variety would suffice as well. Give it a big squirt of lemon juice right before you dig in to bring out all the flavors of a classic curry dish.
Easy Indian Chicken Curry
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 6 ounce chicken breasts cubed
- 2 cups vegatables of your choice I like zucchini, snow peas, and spinach
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk see Notes
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add in the onion and garlic and a sprinkle of salt and cook for five minutes.
- Add in the chicken cubes and cook for another five minutes.
- Add in the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spices,bay leaf, tomato paste, and coconut milk.
- Simmer everything for 20-25 minutes.
- Taste for salt and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Adapted from AllRecipes
Use a canned coconut milk or my Homemade Coconut Milk in this recipe.
Serve with rice or cauliflower rice for a low carb option.