These treats might not be for everyone…
…but I’m really enjoying them!
As stated in a recent post, I’m on a mission to lower my sugar intake drastically in an effort to get back in shape after baby three.
After months of eating copious amounts of dates to aid with labor (which did nothing for me personally, mind you), I’ve slowly but surely come to the realization that I need to back off of sweeteners and certain dried fruits for a time.
For me, this means finding other ways of getting my sweet tooth fix, in a sugar-free (but still enjoyable) way.
These cookies have been a great way to do just that!
High in protein and with absolutely NO added sweeteners of any sort, these treats make for a satisfying delight.
I love the soft texture, and coupled with their shape as well as a small amount of added chopped dark chocolate, I’m a bit tricked into thinking that I’m getting something a bit more naughty.
Flourless, high protein treats made without any sugar!
- 15 oz can chickpeas , rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1/2 c . peanut butter (I use salted)
- 1/4 c . dairy-free milk
- 1 T . vanilla
- 1 t . baking powder
- dash sea salt (if your peanut butter is unsalted)
- 50 g chopped chocolate (use unsweetened if you want these to be completely sugar-free)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Process the chickpeas through the sea salt until smooth and well combined.
- Pulse in the chopped chocolate.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the tops are lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are based on using unsweetened almond milk and dark chocolate. WW points (new system): 3
Inspired by Texanerin
If you have trouble with peanuts, Sunbutter works great in this recipe as well.
These were a surprising hit in our home, which pleased me immensely given their healthy nature. 🙂
What is your favorite sugar-free treat?