No-Bake Cocoa Mint Bites - A low sugar, nut-free treat that is high in natural plant protein and low in added sweeteners!
I could NOT let Christmas go by without a cocoa mint treat of some kind!
A quick glance through my dessert recipes, and anyone will quickly recognize my passion for chocolate paired with mint.
This past week, I've been trying to get everyone's presents sorted out and bought, even braving the likes of more major stores to do so. Eep!
It's tough when you have two girls of similar age. Nothing gets by them, and that includes who's getting more of what.
The girls also both have birthdays around this time (Natalie's 10th is on Thursday!), which adds poundage to the stress sack.
Bring on the (laced) hot chocolate pleeeeeeease!
Nah, just kidding, all I actually need is a (kinda) candida-friendly treat....well, hello there Mister Mint Bite!
These babies are filled with all the good stuff and none of the bad.
Oats, some coconut for its candida-fighting properties, hemp seeds for a boost of protein, cocoa for energy, honey for a touch of sweetness, and peppermint for that exhilarating 'I-just-brushed-my-teeth' feeling.
Roll them in some crushed candy canes for a Christmas-y touch, and you've got yourself a healthy, seasonal treat that pleases all!
If you enjoy raw treats, try one of these!
No-Bake Cocoa Mint Balls
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup grated unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes optional
- Process the oats, coconut, and hemp seeds until broken down into a meal consistency.
- Pulse in cocoa and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients, starting with two tablespoons of water, and process until the dough gets clumpy and starts to come together. Add another tablespoon of water if needed.
- Form balls with the mixture (10-12).
- Roll in crushed candy canes, if desired.
- Enjoy or chill until ready to be eaten.
Inspired by Sammi's recipe
If you don't have hemp seeds, use another 1/3 cup of coconut or raw pumpkin seeds.