I ordinarily love rain, but it has been oppressive the past few days!
I’ve been more than a little bummed out that we haven’t been able to go swimming…. so, while my husband worked all weekend, the girls and I stayed in and cooked and baked and ate. One of our favorite breakfasts to make are overnight oats.
While I love my favorite overnight oats, these are an equally delicious alternative. It really tastes like I’m eating cookie dough for breakfast, and what could be better than that?!
Delicious cold cereal that tastes like an oatmeal cookie!
- 3/4 c . milk of your choice
- 1/4 c . yogurt (use dairy-free if vegan)
- 1/2 t . nutritional yeast , optional, but delicious!
- 1/2 t . vanilla
- 1/2 t . cinnamon
- 3/4 c . oats
- 1 1/2 T . raw almond butter (raw gives the best flavor, so I wouldn't sub it out)
- 1/8 t . salt
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 t . honey or maple syrup
- Mix the milk and almond butter first to emulsify the butter.
- Add the rest and combine thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least an hour.
Nutrition facts are based on using unsweetened almond milk, honey, and low-fat cow's milk yogurt. Weight Watchers points (new system): 13
My husband described these as tasting like ‘oatmeal cookie dough with the icing all mixed together’…AKA, he liked them. 😀
What’s your favorite overnight oats combination?